Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Viking comments?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 longtimer

longtimer

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:05 PM

luv to hear from you all

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:12 PM

Not a bad product to work on, no worse or better than any other brand.
Scott Wolf

#3 AccApp

AccApp

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:39 AM

[user=19296]Scottthewolf[/user] wrote:

Not a bad product to work on, no worse or better than any other brand.

You have obviously never had to repair a sealed burner gas range or range top which was not igniting the gas burners out of the box. All you had to do was take the whole top off, replace all the electrodes, wires and spark module(s) and reassemble the burner bases with copper never-seize. Takes about three hours and you get paid for 45 min from Viking. The customer is always happy to have a major job done on their brand-new ridiculously expensive appliance and makes sure you know how pleased they are with the product's quality.

Probably never did a sealed system repair on one of their built-in fridges either. Takes about an hour just to get your hand on the compressor to see if it is running. I have luckily never had to replace a compressor but I shudder to think how long it would take. I cannot tell you how many freezer defrosting complaints I have had with brand-new products that required resetting of the computer. Never once had a similar issue with a Sub-Zero.

Viking products are clearly not designed to be serviced. From a servicer's standpoint, they are in dead last.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#4 WayneSB

WayneSB

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 02:30 PM

I avoid selling Viking like the plague due to all the service issues I keep hearing about. My store pushes it like crazy because the major builders in our area want it (they are the Kleenex of Pro Ranges after all), but I try to shift people to any other pro-style machine. Last summer Viking refrigerators were puddling up in many people's homes from the high humidity (and it doesn't even get that hot in Maine). This month I got a notice about burner issues on recent models. Every time I turn around, it seems like Viking is having service problems.

And don't even get me started on those Asko dishwashers that they sell. I've heard far too many complaints about those.

#5 MrAppliance

MrAppliance

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:50 AM

Viking????? MUFASO....<SHUDDER>SAY IT AGAIN...MUFASO

#6 zaskar

zaskar

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:02 PM

[user=23556]WayneSB[/user] wrote:

I avoid selling Viking like the plague due to all the service issues I keep hearing about. My store pushes it like crazy because the major builders in our area want it (they are the Kleenex of Pro Ranges after all), but I try to shift people to any other pro-style machine. Last summer Viking refrigerators were puddling up in many people's homes from the high humidity (and it doesn't even get that hot in Maine). This month I got a notice about burner issues on recent models. Every time I turn around, it seems like Viking is having service problems.

And don't even get me started on those Asko dishwashers that they sell. I've heard far too many complaints about those.

When the comp fail on the Viking we just replace the module. They also suck having defrost drain problem drips and freeze. All I will work on is the frig. And for payment, customers pay me then collect from Viking, cant work for them rates. I agree, they suck to get at.

The Sub Zero 650s have its share of problems with the refrigerant leaks. Sub Zero did make them with the tech in mind, and factory support is great.

#7 VikingMaster

VikingMaster

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:13 PM

Love the Company, and the product.

90% of the Viking issues are from Installs gone wrong.

And people not knowing how to use the product in the first place. Naturally not everyone is perfect, but hey nothing is these days atleast if its man made
I'm here if you need me, drop a line.

#8 danoam

danoam

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:54 PM

We had to stop servicing Viking due to parts not being available and non-existent factory support. We had a rep that wouldn't return calls. The factory would not respond until customers threatened to sue. Viking was making us look bad and we had no choice. We dont have any problems with Sub/Wolf

#9 longtimer

longtimer

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:24 AM

Stop drinking the "KoolAid"

Viking sells products that are sometimes 10 times more costs than a normal appliance.
They are held to different standards than the core appliance industry and rightly so.

The price determines an expectation, which they seldom meet.

Quality is always relative and Viking has plenty of competitors.

When expectations are high you have to give the impression that you are at least

trying to meet them.

Many of Vikings Competitors are doing a much better job of meeting expectations.

This is my opinion, but of all of my dealings with High end products

Thermador, Wolf, Dacor, DCS, Capital, and Icon,

Viking has been the worse Manufacturer/distributer I have run into.

Name  what they do exceptionally well?

Parts?
Service?
Logistics?
manufacturing?
engineering?
Quality control?
customer service?

I got one Marketing

#10 VikingMaster

VikingMaster

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

<~~~Koolaid drinker, and let me tell you...It's good....
I'm here if you need me, drop a line.

#11 stabbybear

stabbybear

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:41 AM

I worked for three and a half years for a factory company (all high end except a few low end trashers) now again I work for a company that does all high end appliances. Viking is falling faster than the rocks on I-40. They had a recall on the hinge kit. I went as the second company to the job because no one would take it . They gave me the auth# for extra money. I get to the job she is raging because her door came off one day over a month ago. and cracked her tiles and broke the shelves.

Now viking called us back about the shelves and wants a purchase date to replace the shelves. Hmm you had the recall the person tried to get all that they are so lucky the company that sold it to them is no longer in business and it should not matter the door fell off. They are calling us telling us not to touch any thing else they will not pay any more yet two more horror stories on the way. Great units it will keep us in business for ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics