Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

maytag neptune washer, mah3000 fl

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fix-it rookie

fix-it rookie

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 01:47 AM

maytag neptune fl mah3000 (earliest version ) hums but doesn't pump water out. Had water pump replaced 3 yrs ago.Has experenced all other problems, but I made them fix it under warrantee. Can I safely unplug washer and reach way into bottom. I have no electrical knowledge, and heard that it is not enough to unplug something; residual charge will remain in an appliance. Is that correct, and if so how do I disperse it.Thank you!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 19 June 2005 - 03:57 AM

It's safe if you unplug it, there is nothing in there to hold any charge. You probably have something stuck in the pump, or the pump failed.

Nick 

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,864 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:33 AM

To get to the pump, you'll need to remove the front panel.  This series of three pictures will show you how to do that.  Start with the one below:

http://groups.msn.co...oto&PhotoID=888

#4 fix-it rookie

fix-it rookie

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 03:44 PM

Now I know why "you guys" call it a war. I can't believe it, but I got it to spin and function. I'm also 3 quarters and a dime richer since I pulled them out of one of those tubes you encouraged me to check. All connections are holding except for front clamp. It seems to be tenuous, and leaking if not adjusted just right. Thanks for the help!

Now I know why "they" say never to wash clothes when you're not home. I couldn't believe all those clamp things that seem to barely hold everything together!

#5 neckhardt

neckhardt

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:39 AM

Is it really easier to get to the pump from the front rather than the back? I have been going through theback to clean out the pump in my iNeptune (pun intended). I've never taken the front panel off but I assumed it was a bigger job.

Neal

It's always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,864 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:29 PM

Depends on space.  I always do it from the front because Samurai's 9th Law of Appliance Repair states, "Never move an appliance to make an repair unless you absolutely have to."  The reason for this is that any time you move an appliance, you risk damaging the floor or walls, or the appliance footings, or disturbing the appliance connections in some horrible, catastrophic way that you won't find out about until you get a letter from the customer's lawer demanding compensation for damages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics