Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
parkes71

Fisher & Paykel Smartdrive AW085U washing machine

4 posts in this topic

Washing machine starts and operates for a few seconds then stops for a couple of seconds. Continues this over and over, and in each cycle (filling,washing,spinning).  All of these cycles seem to work OK, i.e. will fill with both hot and cold water, agitate and spin OK. It is just the start-stop, start-stop fault. Any advice would be much appreciated. Also, seemed to go into fault diagnosis mode OK (performed as per earlier advice found in the forum), but could not find the tech sheet spoken of under the control panel. I have read that Australian delivered machines don't necessarily receive this "tech sheet".  The model again. F&P Smartdrive AW085U.  Thanks

Great website, well done!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Decided to have a search for the problem the night I posted the question. You were right, oob switch stuck in and oob switch holder broken. Machine working fine at the moment with old oob switch unstuck but not in operating position, i.e. oob spin will not activate switch. I know this is not an ideal operating situation, but until I get parts could you tell me the worst scenario if I continue to use the machine? Could other parts be damaged? I plan to only wash while machine can be watched at the moment. Thank you very much for your reply and best of luck in finding work in Canada!

The best thing to do would be to was only up to a medium load, so if it does go out of balance, it doesn't bang around too much.  Nothing else can really be damaged by using it.  :rocker:Thanks for the follow up.