Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Double Wall Oven Problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NeedaFix

NeedaFix

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 06:31 AM

Model Number - JTP56BD1BB

Serial Number - FD6 20167Q

Here is my problem:  I have a 3 year old GE Profile double wall oven that about 2 weeks ago had the dreaded F0 error message on both sides of the display. I saw on a online repair clinic that the problem was the RCL board. OK so I ordered and installed a new one. Worked great for 6 days, then I started getting the F0 error on the right side on the display. I called the repair clinic and they said It was still the RCL and sent me a new one under warranty. Great worked great for two days. Now I do not get a F code but the oven starts to heat up then shuts down, I can hit clear bake and then temp again, same thing runs great for anywhere between 2-10 minutes then shuts down again. Oh  the oven light comes on when the door is open but  not by the oven light switch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:49 AM

Let the Force guide you on this journey quest for knowledge.

#3 NeedaFix

NeedaFix

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:51 AM

Update, I have cleaned the ribbon cable and it seemed to be working. The light switch is working and my wife can use it.

Now it must be haunted, yesterday evening the oven just turned itself on. Then again this morning, the funny thing is the temperature that it goes to was not the last  temp used on the oven.

Thanks for any help

#4 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:57 PM

One with the force you are not.  Sure are you that it is RCL board?  Mean did you ERC?

#5 NeedaFix

NeedaFix

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:51 AM

Yes, sorry it was the ERC that was replaced.

Yes you are right I am not a appliance repairman that is why I was writing a post on this forum.

Update, I did clean the ribbon cable with an eraser and now the oven works but now I have a different problem. The unit will turn itself on for no apparent reason.  I guess I will replace the touch pad. I hate to just spend more $$$$$$$$ just to see if this will fix it.

#6 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:43 PM

Necessary it is not, to be an appliance technician, to be at one with the force.   If you had clicked on the word "force" in my 1st post in the thread, you would have been taken to 2 message threads.  Both have the same model oven as you and both needed keypads and ERCs.  Get your keypad ASAP.  I believe if left too long, your flaky keypad can damage your new ERC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics