Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Viking Range VGSC4866GSS

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 crusher

crusher

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:01 AM

Cleaned the oven yesterday and the large oven door is now stuck closed.  I know it locks when cleaning but now there is no power to the unit and the door remains locked.  I checked the power source and it is fine.  I see on the power source that there is a high limit switch which cuts power to everything.  I am pretty sure its in back? can you verify this?  Unbeliveable while I was typing this the switch must have reset as now it has power and the door unlocked.  Thanks for your help LOL.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 That Guy

That Guy

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:54 AM

It sounds like it might have gotten too hot and shut down. Did you by any chance have a power failure while it was self cleaning?

#3 crusher

crusher

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:58 AM

No power failure but afterward I did unplug it and plug it back in a few times I wonder if I didn't just reset the high limit switch by doing that.  not really sure but its working fine now

#4 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:08 PM

The high limit on these ranges reset themself when the temperature goes down.
Scott Wolf

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 11 February 2007 - 02:44 PM

Now that is a novel concept, seems like they all could make them resetable instead of having to haul the things out  of the hole to replace them...:?
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#6 crusher

crusher

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:16 AM

Not that it matters much now but it was 24 hrs before I started working on the door problem so the oven had plenty of time to cool. 

#7 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 03:26 PM

Did both ovens shut down? It could be a plug issue behind the range (I have seen this more than once)

If it happens again, you should be able to move the latch across by putting something through the slots in the top of the door and pushing the latch to the left.

please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics