Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool ADG 7540 Dishwasher problem

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dermotg

dermotg

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:40 AM

Hi

Help needed on this one!

This dishwasher is oding something really strange, it continually beeps and the start light flashes. if you hold down the start button it stops and you can select a programme again. select the start button again and close the door and away it goes for a few minutes. it again starts beeping and the programme has moved to the cold rinse one. i have checked all the filters like it says on the "instructions for use" manual, but still now joy.

your thoughts please

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:35 AM

Just guessing , you sound like you have either a touchpad problem or a control board problem.  This might be something will take a service tech to check out....
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 dermotg

dermotg

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:32 AM

This dishwasher is less than 18 months old and has very little done.

it doesn't seem to be the touch pad as it all functions correcty. what would cause the program to reset itself to the rinse programme? (lack of water?). what things should i check out to eliminate everything but the programme switch?

could you please outline the machine checklist before it will proceed with a programme

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:43 AM

one problem here is the model number does not come up and I do not recognize this either, can you re-check this?  Is the unit in the USA?

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,805 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:59 PM

As Pegi said, it's either the touchpad or the control board.  You can test the touchpad matrix using your ohm meter and the schematic for the dishwasher, which should be located behind the kickplate.  If all the buttons test good, then replce the control board.

#6 dermotg

dermotg

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:14 AM

Unfortunately not, i live in ireland.

#7 bloke

bloke

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:10 AM

Hey there

Long time I know since the original post, but I'm also living in Ireland and our same model dishwasher is doing the exact same thing now. Doesn't matter what you select or ask it to do, as soon as you close the door the idiot machine just beeps away and defaults to the cold rinse cycle.

Anyone discover a fix to this? Especially dermotg if you're still around here (though I suspect not :) )

#8 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:19 PM

If we could pull up the tech sheet with a model number available here in the USA could help, did you find the tech sheet in your dw behind the toe panel??

#9 bloke

bloke

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:47 PM

OK, my girlfriend seems to have fixed it :)

She took everything out, cleaned all the bits and added about a ton of dishwasher salt

....and it's working fine again now!

Happy days

#10 dermotg

dermotg

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:04 AM

The answer to my origonal problem was a faulty thermister. everything has worked fine since replacing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics