Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
dermotg

Whirlpool ADG 7540 Dishwasher problem

10 posts in this topic

Hi

Help needed on this one!

This dishwasher is oding something really strange, it continually beeps and the start light flashes. if you hold down the start button it stops and you can select a programme again. select the start button again and close the door and away it goes for a few minutes. it again starts beeping and the programme has moved to the cold rinse one. i have checked all the filters like it says on the "instructions for use" manual, but still now joy.

your thoughts please

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Just guessing , you sound like you have either a touchpad problem or a control board problem.  This might be something will take a service tech to check out....

This dishwasher is less than 18 months old and has very little done.

it doesn't seem to be the touch pad as it all functions correcty. what would cause the program to reset itself to the rinse programme? (lack of water?). what things should i check out to eliminate everything but the programme switch?

could you please outline the machine checklist before it will proceed with a programme

one problem here is the model number does not come up and I do not recognize this either, can you re-check this?  Is the unit in the USA?

As Pegi said, it's either the touchpad or the control board.  You can test the touchpad matrix using your ohm meter and the schematic for the dishwasher, which should be located behind the kickplate.  If all the buttons test good, then replce the control board.

Unfortunately not, i live in ireland.

Hey there

Long time I know since the original post, but I'm also living in Ireland and our same model dishwasher is doing the exact same thing now. Doesn't matter what you select or ask it to do, as soon as you close the door the idiot machine just beeps away and defaults to the cold rinse cycle.

Anyone discover a fix to this? Especially dermotg if you're still around here (though I suspect not :) )

If we could pull up the tech sheet with a model number available here in the USA could help, did you find the tech sheet in your dw behind the toe panel??

OK, my girlfriend seems to have fixed it :)

She took everything out, cleaned all the bits and added about a ton of dishwasher salt

....and it's working fine again now!

Happy days

The answer to my origonal problem was a faulty thermister. everything has worked fine since replacing