Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Series 90 Washer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DSharp

DSharp

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:02 AM

I have a Kenmore Series 90 washer (approx. 6 years old - model # 110.28922791). The upper portion of the "Triple Action" agitator has stopped rotating when semi-heavy loads are added. The local Sears Parts Store said I need to replace some plastic tabs near the top of the agitator. However, I can't figure out how to get the $%^&-ing agitator off to put in the tabs!!! The Sears repair book says I should just have to screw off a cap on top of a central metal post to get it off. However, there is no cap in mine - I just see the top of the metal post and I can't get the agitator off no matter what I do.  However, I did notice that a separate plastic cylinder surrounds the post, and it has a 1/2-inch square opening at the top, which makes me wonder if I need some special tool to fit in that square hole to take off this bad boy. Any help is greatly appreciated - I really don't feel like paying the service charge for someone to do something it seems I should be able to take care of in 5-10 minutes. Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:40 AM

We have seen these but did not have a reason to remove the agitator ro replace the agitator dogs, ref. # 5.  MY guess would be the spring retainer ref # 14 has to be unscrewed off of the bolt ref. # 19. Perhaps some one else has had the pleasure of doing this and can shed light for all of us???Posted Image
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Kenmortified

Kenmortified

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:22 PM

I've been struggling lately with mine too...

I removed the plastic cap by unscrewing it from the inside, inserting some needle nose pliers and expanding them into the corners of the square hole (pull out & turn at the same time). It seemed to work for me...good luck!

#4 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,887 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:02 AM

First one of these I ran into kind of through me too and I've been doing his for 19years. I had to go back to the shop and look up the parts breakdown to verify that the thing with the square hole was infact the hold down bolt, I didn't want to break it.

Take a 1/2" drive rachet with 1/2" drive extension with no sockets or anything and the 1/2" drive extension fits the square hole perfectly.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#5 DSharp

DSharp

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:36 AM

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Your 1/2-inch racket trick did the trick. Ended up taking me less than 5 minutes to replace those tabs, at a total cost of about $5. I owe you a tall cool one!:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics