Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
ramboil

Kenmore 70 Series will agitate, wil not spin/drain

10 posts in this topic

Model # = 110.82072610

The machine will fill/wash/agitate OK but will not drain or spin.

I have both bypassed and replaced the lid switch to no avail (I already had the new switch, so I just put it in anyway).

Is this the pump?  Something else?

Thank you.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Check your pump. Looks  a 350365 pump.

This is an old belt driven washer, the lid switch has nothing to do with drain, just spin.  Also this washer must drain before it can spin, cannot spin with water in the washer.  So would suspect, like exsearsguy, your water pump is locked up.  Start dipping the water out and access the pump from the rear, it is bolted to the transmission.  Also check for a kinked drain hose.

Thanks folks.

I will try to mess with the pump and report back.

;)

I dipped the water out and the machine will spin.  Pretty obvious it is the pump now.  Now onto that...

I took the pump off and sure enough it was locked up.  Get it spinnin' again, and did a load of laundry no problem.

Thanks again all.  Really appreciate it.

Anyone have any ideas why that pump locks up?

:D

You asked "Anyone have any ideas why that pump locks up?"

Yes, you will be doing this same procedure again very shortly. Get yourself a new pump and install it.

That old pumps seals are going which has caused the shaft bushing to freeze up. Lots of times on these belt drive machines you can get the pump to unlock by giving the belt a good hard tug and it will break the pump loose so you can pump the water out and not have to bail it out.

But, once one of these pumps lockup once you can be assured that in short order it will do so again. You may get another month, day or year no telling.

Thank you for the reply.  I will get a new pump today.

Thanks again all!!!:notworthy:

;)