Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

attachment caused loss of post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 icanoe2

icanoe2

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:35 AM

I created a new post today and after inputting a lengthy typed description I deciced to add an attachment. When I went to preview prior to sending a message came back saying that the attachment was too big. At this point my entire post was gone!!

the attachment was 589 KB (too large yes however the result was a little disheartening).

icanoe2
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try (Yoda)

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Keinokuorma

Keinokuorma

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:32 AM

At least on Mozilla Firefox, I've gotten lucky a couple times by going back to the previous page... written text should still be there.
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
- Ken Olson, Digital Equipment Corporation (1977)

#3 That Guy

That Guy

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:26 PM

Do what I do, when in doubt, right click and copy. If something goes wrong you can just start a new message and paste. Its saved me from insanity more than once.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,639 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:49 PM

[user=18652]That Guy[/user] wrote:

Do what I do, when in doubt, right click and copy. If something goes wrong you can just start a new message and paste. Its saved me from insanity more than once.

Always a good plan!  I always compose in a separate, text editing application and then paste into the post reply box. 

#5 Keinokuorma

Keinokuorma

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:52 PM

That advice I gave to a girlfriend of mine, back in the time of dialup... That was the only way to write web based e-mail offline. She couldn't have risked to use Outlook or another client, because her mother would spy on her back then. Damn that hag. I mean, her mother. 
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
- Ken Olson, Digital Equipment Corporation (1977)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics