Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
bband40s

HOTPOINT Washer Model #VBXR1060T5WB

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I need some help with my washer...it stopped agitating one day.  Well, I walked away from it because I thought it was a lost cause, however, my little helper (3 yrs old) and I really need it now.

I looked at it again recently and noticed that if I tried to put some weight (pressure) on the middle part of the washer which I think is called the agitator shaft...I could get it to move a little.

Also, it used to make a large noise when it went thru the spin cycle, but that stopped when it stopped agitating.

I am not quite sure what I is wrong per say...every bit of help is needed.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

No agitate could be the air dome under the agitator is worn, not turning the agitator, however this would have nothing to do with spin.  Remove the front panel and see if the belt is ok. Watch the washer and see if the motor is turning the belt and this is turning the transmission pulley.   You could have a broken transmission which has a 5 year warranty, but see if the belt is ok for a first step.

Ok, I watched the belt and everything seems to be going ok....the belt is moving just fine....

sorry, so what is my next step....

thanks

Like Pegi says, check the "air dome" under the agitator. These wear out, but fortunately, simple to replace and (for once) inexpensive.

Ok,  I removed the agitator fabric softner cap....there are four button like pugs that am not sure how to get off...I am leary about just trying to pull it off...I have tried to look online for examples about removing it, but am a lost woman in a man's world...please bear with me!

The agitator will pull up but you will need a strap or something to put under the bottom to pull it up with.

I am having trouble...I am trying to use the strap to remove the agitator shaft, but I am not having any luck....can you suggest anything???

Sorry,

bband40s

Check this out.