Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

ASKO 20605 Washer 7305 Dryer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jdpro

jdpro

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:58 PM

I paid :shock:$2,940.50 for the abovementioned washer and dryer in November of 1998.  After several service calls over the course of 4 years, in which several parts were replaced including the dryer belt, the washer pump and washer motor and various other little things, they were retired to the garage in 2002. The repairman, who became a regular at our home, told me not to take less than $600 for these machines because the parts were valuable.

:yikes: $600!!! I can't believe it.  But I don't even care.  They're taking up valuable space in my garage.  How can I learn the actual value of these machines so I can donate them somewhere and write them off?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,806 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:20 PM

What posessed you to buy these "Pains in the Askos" to begin with? 
Scott Wolf

#3 That Guy

That Guy

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:05 PM

[user=19067]jdpro[/user] wrote:

I paid :shock:$2,940.50 for the abovementioned washer and dryer in November of 1998After several service calls over the course of 4 years, in which several parts were replaced including the dryer belt, the washer pump and washer motor and various other little things, they were retired to the garage in 1992. The repairman, who became a regular at our home, told me not to take less than $600 for these machines because the parts were valuable. 

First off, if you have a time machine, why worry about the cost.  Just go back and invest in some stocks that are going to grow or go back to old California before 1840 and pick up some gold from the place where Sutter's Mill is going to be.;)

As for your washer and dryer, tell the guy that said they were worth $600, that if he shows up with cash in hand he can have them.

#4 jdpro

jdpro

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 04:52 AM

I dunno Scott, the Devil, maybe? Haha

And Guy!!! Why didn't I think of that???  I can use the machines to go back to the time I bought them and just... not buy them! 

#5 That Guy

That Guy

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:42 AM

Its so crazy, it just might work! :D

#6 jdpro

jdpro

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 07:36 PM

Still... is there a way to find out the fair market value of a washer and dryer?

#7 AccApp

AccApp

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:02 AM

My local scrap yard gives $1.50 for each 112 lbs, find the weigths of your units and go with your areas prevailing prices.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#8 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:50 AM

Mabe you can see if someone somewhere is trying to sell something similar and use their asking price as a dollar value for your donation.

It's a damn shame such an investment, $3000, ended up going so badly.

Nick
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#9 Irreverent

Irreverent

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:09 PM

You should have made them replace them, like I made them replace my 'lemon' Asko washer. I do love my Askos, but the washer freaked out, luckily, just under the 3 year 'bumper to bumper' warranty... after we'd had it repaired a few times, and it was getting more and more serious each time, and then it wouldn't fix it... I told them I didn't trust the machine anymore, and I wanted them to replace it. It took a while, and I think we ended up having to pay about $300 in, because the new machine was a newer model than ours... but we did make them replace it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics