Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

microwave go BOOM

BrntToast

ive always wanted to try jumping out the fuse on a microwave and running it full of paint spray cans,  think it will go boom?

and yes this will be done at the end of a VERY long cord  :P

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try it with a can of that spray starter stuff.

Get it on film when you try, It could be a great show.

Nick

Put a cup of water in the microwave, and put a light bulb in the water, base down. Nice light show !!;)

While we're at it, why don't we take a stainless steel bowl, fill it with gasoline and then start the microwave?

I think you guys lost your mind!

Sick minds think alike.:poison:

How about a propane tank and a 30-06 rifle?

When I was stationed at Cherry Point Marine Air Station, someone blew up a phone booth with a claymore. It kinda roughed up the motel it was in front of.

Sweet.

Nick

actually ive done a half full bbq tank with my 7.62x39  you have to light a fire around it a wait for the pressure relief to open right before you shoot it for the BIG boom, i had like 6 tanks at the time to play with and that way made the best actual explosion, the rest just shot flames out the bullet hole and spun in circles

this brings me to the decal i have on my 4x4,  its a redneck thing, you wouldn't understand....  but i'm sure most techs would   hehheeh

for a cheap thrill take a water bottle, and fill it with acetalyne then screw cap on real tight, place aprox 25-30 meters from you and shoot with a .22 cal. will not flame but will turn bottle into schrapnel, and go BOOM.

• 4 weeks later...

:D well thats one thing to do with a microwave if your repair estimate hasnt been accepted by the customer-ill have to sell tickets ...how much money could i make??

regards mike:yikes:

Sometimes the best are the accidentals. I was checking out a 25,000 btu ac and the hot burned out of the compressor casing. The line was arcing all over, there was a laaaarge fireball to start with then the freon put that out rather quickly but was still plenty enough to fill the shop with very thick black smoke that did roll from it like a mushroom cloud. In the dark (thick smoke blocking lights along ceiling) the light show from the still sparking hot wire was all the more impressive and was just enough to see the way to the breaker panel.

• 1 month later...

These would make popular clips on Youtube!! :coolblast:

Might get a few people arrested for acts of terrorism though!!! :yikes:

Old front panel PCB's from microwaves and VCR's with plenty of LED's and flouro displays look good cooked :)

TV power supply filter caps stuck in the end of a long extension lead are fun too (do this outside!!) :vinnie:

Archived