Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore 70 Series Washer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spincycle

spincycle

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:48 PM

Hi,

I would really appreciate any help possible to repair my washer.  It works great.....except...it doesn't spin.  It fills...agitates....drains....and responds to which level and which water temp I choose.  I've tested the lid switch and it was fine.(open/out..and continuity/in)    I even jumped the wires to double check it.  It has a new timer (the timer wasn't advancing so I replaced it).   On the water level switch I jumped the violet wire(hot) to the pink wire to send an "empty tub" signal but still no spin........    When it hits the spin cycle...you can hear the pump but that's it.  My question is......

If the washer agitates...isn't it safe to say the spin problem isn't motor, gearcase, or belt related?   Also,  what are the acceptable readouts on the spin solenoid?                                               

Thanks for any help you can throw my way.......I'm getting arthritiis from wringing out my clothes.                                                      

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:03 PM

obviously a belt drive machine- spin solenoid resistance is quite high,in the 800 ohm range. best way to check it is to switch the red and yellow solenoid wires(since you know it agitates) ,put the machine in wash and blow air into the water level tube- if machine spins,solenoid is good,if not check to see if red wire to solenoid is broken inside insulation- if you can see the solenoid activating,but tub doesn't spin,could be a clutch problem.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 gettingby

gettingby

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:25 AM

We have a Kenmore series 70 also. It would wash(agitate)
but wouldn't drain and spin. Our trouble was the tranmission. It was leaking oil and I think it had to be replaced. We decided to look for a new one. This was a great washer it lasted us for about 19 years. I hope you can figure it out. Let us know what it was.

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:04 PM

"70 series" tells us nothing, is just the feature line, need the model number to see what washer this is.  IF this is a belt driven and it does not spin, suspect the control magnet on the transmission or a broken red wire to the control magnet.  If this is a driect drive you could  have a broken transmission
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics