Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kemore Series 90 Dryer Doesn't Start - Humming Sound Only

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tjjtwo

tjjtwo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:01 PM

Hello Master,

Yesterday I went to change the laundry, stopped the dryer by pulling the door open and it started to smoke with a bad burning smell.  I figure it was a lint fire in the cabinet.  Once I got the clothes out of the dryer, I shut the door and pushed the start button and appeared to run.  Since it was still smoking, I shut it down and uplugged.  Now, a day later, it will not start.:yikes:  When I push the start button I hear a click and a humming sound and it doesn't startup.   Please help...

THANKS in advance for your help!!!!!

Kenmore Series 90 Dryer - 110.70922990

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:57 PM

by the model number,dryer is a 1990 model- average life for a dryer,yes,sounds like a motor failure,but you'll also need a drive system overhaul kit,a good cleaning and element likely reaching more than it's prime- time to buy is now.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 tjjtwo

tjjtwo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:46 PM

We actually purchased the dryer new in 1999 from Sears.  Do motor's go out that quick?  It just seems odd that the motor went out right after small lint fire.  Are the two related?  Would a lint fire kill the motor?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics