Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

follow up on GE JKP48 dbl. wall oven

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jeff lee

jeff lee

Yamabushi

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:37 AM

Finally got this thing serviced and functional, under warranty

It took many calls to GE cust. service and profuse complaining about their products and a service provider that they have listed for Hawaii.

Original repair outfit condemmed the control panel, and most on this forum agree with this diagnosis, however the tech. told me that he would have to get the part from a local parts company. This, he told me would take a minimum of 2 weeks to get here, I asked if there was anyway he coild expedite the order. His reply was that GE would not pay for express delivery at all......I asked that he order the part anyway.

A week and a half goes by, in my anxiety I called the parts company here, and am told that the part had arrived and was picked up by one of the workers of the repair company. A subsequent call to the owner of the company really starts the frustration ball rolling. He informs me that the part in question is for another person here in Honolulu, who just happens to have the last name and also owns the exact same GE oven that needs the same part as my p.o.s. I questioned this, he "swears on his mothers grave" that he is not giving me the run around, I inform him to cancel the entire service request and to expect to hear from GE and the local BBB office here.

Called GE the day after and explained the situation, after apologizing for the repair shop's actions, (turns out that they are so backlogged with repairs that the earliest date for someone to replace the part was at least a week), hence the runaround.
GE customer service agrees to send the part to me directly, I demand (not ask), that the item be sent here via the fastest method.

Four days go by and no part from GE, back on the phone with customer service, turns out it was mailed via USPS Parcel Post!! This means that the part was mailed via the cheapest method, by boat and will take upwards of a month to arrive! Needless to say I expressed my extreme dissatifaction in this and am assured that another part would be sent via FedEx o/nite.

Part arrives the next day and I am tremendously lucky and grateful that another service provider on GE's list can come out the day after, of which they did.

In all I am most grateful to that repair company who accomodated me with such short notice, however, since this oven is less that 4 months old, I have negative emotions about GE and their products. At least, in my expressions of disgust with GE, I was able to have the original warranty extended an additional 15 months. From the looks of it, I am sure gonna need it, what with all the board failures posted here. :shock:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,876 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:20 AM

Hey, thanks for posting the outcome.  What a story!  I'm moving this to the Appliance War Story forum so it'll be more readily accessible to others. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics