Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

JoanManning

Fisher Paykal Dryer Model DE04

6 posts in this topic

4-1/2 year old Fisher Paykel Electric Dryer.  When I push the start button, the dryer makes a grinding sound.  Sometimes it will begin the drying process and tumble the clothes and sometimes it will not start. We removed the top where the wires are and couldn't see any broker or frayed wires.  We also checked the drum and the belt is tight.  Also there was no lint on the drum.  When the dryer does tumble the clothes, they dry normally. When I open the door to check on them, the dryer will not start again.  When pushing the start button, it makes a loud grinding sound.  When the dryer does tumble, it is very loud.

Can you please give me some guidance on what the problem may be.  I will call in a repair man, since the parts are under warranty but maybe this is something we can handle ourselves.

Also, is there a Fisher Payek repair manual available that we can purchase.

Thanks so much for your wonderful site.

Joan Manning

Clayton, California

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

On a normal dryer would suspect a motor going bad. However, not having seen a F&P dryer, do not know if something could be causing this like bad glides, bearings, rollers, etc.  Let us wait for someone who knows these dryers for their input  about this growling unit.  ;)

Pegi:  Thank you for your quick reply. Your diagnosis has been confirmed.

Joan

:D

Thank you exalted grandmaster.  To say, I am impressed with your quick response, is an understatement.  This is my lucky day to have found your web site.

Please let me know which motor to purchase from you.

Thanks Again!  I'll be sending another request soon about my sub-zero freezer.

A Million thanks!!

Joan

:D

Thanks....:cool: