Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Anyone know where to find carbon brushes for FRIG.F/L Motors

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:08 AM

Went out yesterday to a Frigadaire F/L MODEL-LT150LXW1 a first generation electronic control F/L just filled and drained, no other functions.

Turn motor by hand and it started running with lighting bolts shooting out around brushes. Removed motor, removed brush holders with brushes, one brush in real good condition, (sticks out about an inch). Other brush only sticks out about a quarter inch so took brush holder apart to see if brush could be extended any further and got it unstuck and a little more out of it, (still only about 1/16" to 1/8" compression when reinstalled). Cleaned armeter contact surface reinstalled brushes and motor works perfectly.

Problem is that one brush has very little if any life left in it and since brushes were removeable thought they maybe able to be purchased seperately. Looked up and of course complete motor only for around $200 customer price.

Now to my question and request for help:

Motor part# 5303203037 brush holders marked with large "L" required for machine I'm working on.

I have many used motors from the second generation electronic control F/L machines Motor part# 131276200 has same brushes, (look same from memory, but not sure of angle), except holders marked with large "R"

Anyone know if brushes for either of these two motors are available anywhere?

Anyone know if brushes marked with the "L" or "R" are interchangable or is "L"/"R" stand for left/right for angle they come in at? I don't have the original motor with me to compare. Just to clarify, both brushes from original motor marked with "L". Used motor both brushes marked with "R".

Thanks for any help or info you can supply......

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:21 AM

Come on guys, where's the help when I need some. Almost 24 hours and noone has replied and at least 15 people have read the guestion.

William Burk (Willie)
Eureka, CA 95501

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,382 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:05 AM

Contact Helwig and see what they'll do for you:

http://www.helwigcp....ces/brushes.cfm

800-962-4851

Might need to make a quantity buy.

I periodiocally get electrical supply cataloges in the mail.  I'll see if I can find one.  

#4 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:29 AM

What do you do when you run into one of these where the motor is perfectly good but the brushes are bad? Have you ever just replaced brushes or do you sell a complete $200 motor for the job?

Looks like the brushes from the 2nd generation motor will be able to be made to work in the first generation motor with no problems. I will just make sure to save the brushes from both type motors any time I run across a junked F/L Frigidaire machine.
William Burk (Willie)
Eureka, CA 95501

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,382 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 June 2005 - 07:06 AM

Since I warranty my work for one year, parts and labor, I use only OEM parts -- if it doesn't have an OEM part number, I don't use it.  So, in cases like this, I replace the entire motor.  I know, I know, it seems like a waste and it is. 

Now, on my own appliances, I make liberal use of various African Engineering techniques, including cannabalizing one of the old motors I have lying around. 

#6 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:11 AM

Thanks, very understandable policy, and a very good one at that.
William Burk (Willie)
Eureka, CA 95501

#7 opopper

opopper

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:44 PM

Hi Willie,

My Frigidaire F/L uses the 131276200 motor and I have the same brush situation as yours. My brush housings are both marked with 'R'. Since you mentioned you have a couple of such used motors, I was wondering if you have any brushes in good condition I can obtain from you.

Kindly reply by e-mail to opopper@yahoo.com

#8 Pacer Guy

Pacer Guy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:37 AM

deleting my reply to this thread and moving it to the related topic:

http://applianceguru...rum2/10873.html

AMC Pacer 400ci SB TH400 Dana44posi ZOOM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics