Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool/Kenmore equivalent models

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jim

Jim

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:40 AM

Hi folks. I just discovered servicematters.com, and found several service updates for Whirlpool dishwashers (replacing the heater element and control panel to improve cycle times and cleaning; replacing the upper sprayarm with a new design to improve the washing of stuff in the upper rack) that look as if they probably apply to my Kenmore as well. But I can't find an equivalent listing for Kenmore, and I don't know how to check my Kenmore model number against the Whirlpool model #s listed there.

How can I find out whether those new parts will work in my dishwasher? Model number is 665.15933000.

Thanks,
Jim

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,064 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 22 June 2005 - 06:40 AM

Get the part numbers listed in the service bulletin and plug 'em into the part number form at the bottom of this page.  That'll show you a picture of the part.  Visually compare with what's in your dishwasher.

#3 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:03 AM

To answer your original question there is no way to cross the Sears model numbers with the model numbers of whoever made each product with the Kenmore name on it to the vender that made this and put the Kenmore name on it.  Sears does not release any information and this makes everything very difficult for everyone.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:58 AM

believe pegi when she says they make it difficult for everyone, i must have about 14 bulletins which have been issued regarding your issues,some units require a pump/motor replacement,some a heating element replacement,and some both; the model number itself will not tell all of this info,as the affected motors only fell into a certain range of production. if you can post your entire model and serial numbers,i will compare it to a "cheat sheet" that i have begun to compile to try and understand exactly what the issues are they are targeting.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 Jim

Jim

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:16 AM

Thanks, kdog, that's a very nice offer.

One question: these service bulletins are not like recalls, are they? I mean, they seem to be acknowledging inadequacies in the original product, so it wouldn't seem unreasonable if at least parts were provided free. And they really ought to compensate the repair people for their labor, so the customers don't have to.

But that seems very unlikely. I'd guess that any customer who wants to address those issues has to pay for the work/parts him/herself. Am I right?

Here's the model and serial #:

FL3406745

Thanks again...

Jim

#6 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:00 AM

Some are service bulletins that address know issues, and some are recalls because they address safety problems like fire hazards.  If your unit is in warranty all would be repaired for free.  If it is a service bulletin that just adressed say a not cleaning well issue would not be free after the warranty time.  However the recalls like a door switch or motor that is a fire hazard, believe that would be covered no matter when you bought the unit.  Perhaps others can let us know if I am wrong in my assesment of these issues.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#7 jahjahbinks

jahjahbinks

idoit / voyer/ anarcist

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:ABSOLUT & GREEN TEA

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:37 PM

you can find out by calling 1-800-469-4663
SHE WHO HAS THE MONEY GETS HIS APPLIANCES REPAIRED

Currently serving EVERYTHING

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics