Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Nancyspe

GE oven - dreaded F7 error

7 posts in this topic

My built-in GE oven started beeping one evening with an F7 error code.  Tried hitting the clear button on the keypad - it came back.  Tried turning off the breaker for a few hours - worked for a little longer but it came back.  So I have already tried everything in the user manual except for "call the GE appliance repair man".  I noticed in some of the posts that you can try disconnecting the control board and cleaning the connectors - but I'm a little unsure how to get the cover off of the keypad.  If anyone can tell me how to do that, I'll try the next step.  I noticed two hex nuts under the control panel, but wondered if it just popped off somehow and that taking out the nuts would just be overkill.  Anyone?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This discussion will help you decide what to do, about taking it apart, I would not know without looking at it.

f7 is a stuck keypad  this is common for g.e. replace the keypad ten screws 3 on each side and 4 on the control leave the hex screws alone all you need is a phillip screwdriver

Great!  Now, where are these screws located?  Can I just pop some covers off and get to them?  Also, any recommendations on where to order a new keypad?  Thanks!

Why not order it from here???   Helps support this FREE forum.........:?

Thanks, Pegi! :)

I wonder if the fact that we offer parts is too subtle. Golly gee willikins, I'd hate to go to popups announcing that fact but I wonder if that's what folks need 'cuz, afterall, it seems like they just don't see that they can buy parts ratcheer. I mean, I hate to be obnoxious and all in-yer-face about it, but sheeit, is that really what it takes?

[user=1540]Nancyspe[/user] wrote:

Great!  Now, where are these screws located?  Can I just pop some covers off and get to them?  Also, any recommendations on where to order a new keypad?  Thanks!

there are two screws on the top of the control panel on each side and one screw on each side on the bottom .REMEMBER TO SHUT OFF THE POWER FIRST  lift and fold out the control panel remove the ribbon cable and remove the four screws that hold the control board . replace control panel in reverse order. hope this helps.