Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

F1 & F3 Kenmore Flashing/Beeping Codes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_Fernando_*

Lurker_Fernando_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:40 AM

Hello I own a Kenmore Stove (Ceran top) ,

I got the flashing F1 and beeping

going on every time I plug the Stove.

If I disconet the Oven Sensor the beeing stops

and I get the F3 code.

Can someone help me understand what's going on

thanks in advance

F

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,872 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:25 AM

The F1 code means the ERC or the touchpad is bad. When you remove the sensor, the ERC thinks the sensor is bad and so gives an F3 code. You can check your oven sensor just to make sure. This page explains:

http://fixitnow.com/...temperature.htm

More information on this problem here.

#3 jamieson

jamieson

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 05:47 AM

Yesterday we had a power glitch and immediately after the power came back on my Kenmore stove (665.75822) was displaying an E1-F1 error code. Found the tech sheet which tells me that the EEPROM checksum is bad. Since the problem happened right after a power glitch I suspect it ain't the keypad. Board voltages look good.

The EEPROM is a separate chip on my control board. It's memory got corrupted on the power cycle and unfortunately there is to way to get it back. Alas, it looks like my only option is to shell out $175 for a new board.

Unless someone knows where I can get the programming file for the chip... it wouldn't be too difficult to pop it out and reprogram it. Of course, absolutely no help from Sears or Whirlpool on this issue...

Grrr!

#4 The Seven

The Seven

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 02:55 PM

[user=39]jamieson[/user] wrote:

Yesterday we had a power glitch and immediately after the power came back on my Kenmore stove (665.75822) was displaying an E1-F1 error code. Found the tech sheet which tells me that the EEPROM checksum is bad. Since the problem happened right after a power glitch I suspect it ain't the keypad. Board voltages look good.

The EEPROM is a separate chip on my control board. It's memory got corrupted on the power cycle and unfortunately there is to way to get it back. Alas, it looks like my only option is to shell out $175 for a new board.

Unless someone knows where I can get the programming file for the chip... it wouldn't be too difficult to pop it out and reprogram it. Of course, absolutely no help from Sears or Whirlpool on this issue...

Grrr!

You may try to unplug the stove for 5 to 10 minutes and see whether it returns to normal or not.
The Seven

#5 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 03 April 2005 - 12:32 AM

Hello, my memorable friend.  You have adeptly identified the problem with your Whirlpool-built range.  The programming information you seek for this microchip is a closely guarded secret and is the object of intense industrial espionage.  Even the appliance manufacturers themselves do not have this information because they purchase these boards as an pre-fabricated assembly from a third-party electronics manufacturer deep in the bowels of Singapore.  They merely provide the operations specifications of the ERC and it is built to those parameters.  While this information gets you no closer to your repair, I pray it gives you a larger perspective on the issue and thus helps to ameliorate your anguish and despair over your range.

Allahu Akbar!

#6 Dalep

Dalep

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 10:26 AM

Hello,

I have the same problem.
I have to turn the breaker off. When I turn it on the oven and all the burners work. Just when I turn of the stove off it beeps and flashes F1.SO I turn the breaker off.
I have read some good things on your website.
I want to check the oven sensor, but I can't figure out how to remove it. Does it has to be unplugged from the back of the stove? I took the two screws out from the inside holding it in place.But it will not come out.My model is Kenmore 911.4652090. Can anybody please help me.

#7 Skiter29

Skiter29

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:30 AM

also the best way to test the oven sensor is first at the board follow the two wires from the sensor to the board and test it there if ohms are correct there then the sensor is good if not then unplug the sensor in back of oven and test if they are correct after you unplug it then you have a bad connection there and use wire nuts to connect them if not bad sensor ohms are genrally around 1080 to 12000 but look at tech sheet

#8 Keinokuorma

Keinokuorma

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:41 PM

Although this is the second time the subject of this discussion has been changed, I will tell you that you might be looking at a bad keypad. Unplug keypad harness and see if it changes anything. Now this was my free advice. I sincerely recommend registering and starting a new thread.

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
- Ken Olson, Digital Equipment Corporation (1977)

#9 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:46 AM

Closing this thread since non-reistered people are posting in this one, northdog, register in the forum then repost your question....Pegi
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics