Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Kenmore dryer will not start.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_gabe_*

Lurker_gabe_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 10 April 2005 - 01:49 PM

My Kenmore dryer was working fine until a couple of days ago when it would not start. I can still feel electricity in the start push button when it is compressed but it just does not start. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 10 April 2005 - 02:09 PM

Hello, my compressing friend.  May I be so bold as to suggest that you post your model number?  Very well, I suggest you post your model number if you hope to receive any meaningful help.

Allahu Akbar!

#3 Lurker_desoto_*

Lurker_desoto_*

Posted 11 April 2005 - 04:45 PM

I am havingthe same problem.  Last weekend my gas dryer would not start.  It runs while the start button is pressed but then stops.  The dryer is model# 110.7497230

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,051 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 April 2005 - 04:49 PM

That's most likely a bad even heat board.

#5 Lurker_ppack_*

Lurker_ppack_*

Posted 11 April 2005 - 05:23 PM

I'm having the same problem, my Kenmore dryer  Series 90 model #110 8884293 buzzes when you hit the start button but nothing happens!  I opened her up to replace the belt and found it had slipped off the idler pulley so I put it back on put it back together and gave it another go, but same problem.  When I opened it up again to replace the belt this time, the idler pulley and bracket fell off and I've no idea where it goes?  That's the minor issue the major is no working dryer.  Any suggestions?

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,051 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 05:00 PM

This might help:

Posted Image

#7 Lurker_ppack_*

Lurker_ppack_*

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:40 AM

Thanks, I got the belt back on but the dryer still does not work.  Power is getting to the start button and to the timer, but ther's no heat or movement with the drum. 

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,051 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:57 PM

You forgot to reconnect the wires to the door switch. D'OH! :dude:

#9 Lurker_ppack_*

Lurker_ppack_*

Posted 15 April 2005 - 12:58 AM

no. that's done this wasn't working before I took off front and moved the idler pulley.   It just stopped out of the blue one day and won't start.  Power is going to both the starter and the timer but no heat or movement!

#10 Lurker_Washertech_*

Lurker_Washertech_*

Posted 15 April 2005 - 02:39 AM

Does it make a humming noise when you push the button... Before it it failed when you pushed the start button did it sound different from new... I bet the motor is bad

#11 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,051 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 09:27 PM

Hey, washertech, you're one of the Master Appliantologists at the old MSN forum.  If you go ahead and register, you'll be a Master Appliantologist here, as well.  :vinnie:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics