Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Possible Ice Dispenser Damper Door Problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 newman101

newman101

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:59 PM

I'm getting ice crystal build-up in the ice dispenser chute of my GE Profile Artica side-by-side refrigerator.  I think it might be because the ice dispenser damper door may not be closing all the way (if I peer down the ice dispenser chute from the inside of the refrigerator door, I can see that the door is sometimes slightly ajar at the end of the chute).

My questions:

1.  Do you think the damper door is the problem?  Can it be something else?

2.  If I purchased and replaced the new damper door (Item # 1032671) would that be sufficient to solve the problem?  Would I need to replace the spring and/or its assembly?

3.  How do I replace the door/spring/assembly?  I can't seem to find an obvious way of opening up the ice dispenser chute assembly to access the door and its spring.

Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 22 June 2005 - 06:07 PM

There is a repair kit for this well known problem, I do not know it right at this time.  The front  should pull off and you will need the coil also since it will be all rusted.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,622 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:17 PM

Yes, here's the damper kit you need:

http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1055112

#4 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:02 AM

Read this then post your complete model number.  Don't buy anything yet  .  Oh Wise and Mighty Samurai, Exalted Grand Master of Appliantology,  the Damper you linked to is an air damper.  It will do nothing for a frosty ice chute.  If the complaint were freezing fresh food that damper would be the one of the 1st things I'd check. 

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,622 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:38 PM

I sit correctumed.  :flush:

#6 newman101

newman101

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:34 PM

My model number is PSC23MGMBWW.  Do you happen to know if this model has the same defect as the GSS22JEMDWW model that was discussed in the post string that you referenced in your last posting?

Thank you in advance.

#7 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:40 PM

If it has the same defect it hasn't been acknowledged.   Open the freezer door.  Take a long handled wooden spoon and push the ice chute door open from the inside.  Open it and let it close slowly.  Do this up to 20 times.  If it sticks open at all you'll need a chute door solenoid and a chute door.   You may only need a chute door if it's not sealing correctly.  You can even try to save it by soaking the black rubber part it in hot water then re-installing it

#8 bzc10

bzc10

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:30 PM

I'm having the same problem with my ice flapper door.  I have a GE model #TFS26PPDABS.  Do I have to take anything apart to replace the door?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics