Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher and Paykel AW085U

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 failed spark

failed spark

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:20 PM

G, Day Everyone,

I'm having some problems getting my Fisher and Paykel Fresh 5.0 smart drive MOD. AW085U washing machine to fill...Once i have selected the wash program and then press on,  the fill valves seem to pulse on and offf and do not allow very much water into the drum...I hope the fault is not in the P.C.B as im told there expensive to replace.Can anyone please give me any information on how to fix it or any pointers on to whay may be the problem would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:15 AM

A smart drive will do this if a water valve is faulty or if the out of balance switch is stuck on.  Check the valves buy putting onto hot wash then press start, if the motor starts and stops but no water comes in, try on cold.  If it comes in on cold then the hot valve is faulty and vice versa as long as the water supply is good.  To check the oob switch,reach into the back rh cnr between the bowl and the top,there will be a lever , move it towards the back then the front  a couple of times and you should hear a faint clicking , if not, then the switch could be corroded and jammed and needs to be replaced. :cool:
please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 failed spark

failed spark

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 01:43 AM

Hye they mate,

tried all those things you came up with and im still not having any joy getting the machine going. Yhe O.O.B switch is working OK and the valves appear to be fine so I realy dont know what is our next move??

I must thank you for your help and must tell you , that you really know your stuff!

Failed Spark

#4 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:16 AM

It could be the lid switch, does the wash light stop blinking when you press start/pause to start the cycle and does the motor turn when it tries to fill?
please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics