Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

New Washer & Dryer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DT

DT

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:37 AM

I've been shopping for a new washer and dryer.  Listed below are my choices:

1.  LG WM2277HW ($1099) and dryer DLE5977W ($849)

2.  LG WM2032HW ($1049) and dryer DLE5932W ($849)

3.  LG WM1832CW ($949) and dryer DLE2532W ($749)

4.  Whirlpool Duet GHW9150PW ($1094) and dryer GEW9250PW ($849)

(Then there is the Staber washer ($1199)

All above numerical listed are direct drive front loaders.  Please note the LG dryers have stainless steel tubs but the Whirlpool does not.  Of those four listed above, what is your opinion please?  The salesman said the Whirlpool Duet is the best seller in his store and the feedback on it from his customers is great.  He said he hasn't had much feedbck on the LG's and he hasn't sold nearly as many of those.  I want the best for my needs.  Thanks for your advice.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:54 AM

I would go with the L.G. set, which ever models catch your fancy the best....;)
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:17 PM

i too would chose the lg's, i'd get the one with the onboard heater.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics