Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Jon

Amana washer won't spin

7 posts in this topic

I have an Amana Washer model LW8303W2.  The problem is that sometimes it will spin and sometimes it won't.  It will go through the other cycles (fill, agitate) but when it comes to the spin/drain cycle, it just sits there.  Another problem is that since the spin cycle is the last in each setting, the dial will cross over into the next setting (ie - it will go through normal wash, not spin, and then start in the delicate cycle).  The funny thing is, sometimes it will go through the spin cycle just fine.  Sometimes you have to keep putting the dial back on the spin cycle and it will finally spin.

Any suggestions?  Lid switch?  Timer?  

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like you have a bad timer for sure since it goes thru to the next cycle, replacing this might also solve the other problem but would be impossible to tell at this point.

Thanks.  I wanted to ask before I dropped the money for a new timer. 

If it does happen to go through the spin cycle, it will not cross over to the next setting.  Do you still suspect a bad timer in light of this?

Thanks again for the help.

Jon

We cannot know for sure but if the part is bought thru this site , if it does not solve the problem it can be returned less the shippping costs, so you do not have much to lose here.

Did not know that, thanks!  Part has been ordered and I'll follow up when its installed.

;)

Replaced the timer and the washer is working fine.

Thanks!