Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Guest DoneInByNeptune

Maytag Neptune - 1999

3 posts in this topic

Oh wise and mystical one.  I need your help.  My wife had to have the great and wonderful Maytag Neptune as soon as it came out.  Now six years and another $1,000 in repair bills and we have stinking standing water in the tub after every wash.  We have replaced the "famed" circuit board and latch along with the pump (twice).

What are we missing besides our money.  Do I just buy new and chalk one up to the art of being taken?

If I buy new, I am looking at the Whirlpool Duet or the Bosch Nexxt.  What is your opinion.

But I would like to have what I have paid for to work!

Your great knowledge is requested.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Have you checked for clogged hoses before and after the pump?

I think the wise one would tell you to first look for panties stuck in the hose or pump itself.

This of course assuming the control board and motor have not fried again.

[user=0]DoneInByNeptune[/user] wrote:

we have stinking standing water in the tub after every wash.  We have replaced the "famed" circuit board and latch along with the pump (twice).

Does the washer spin?  Usually, if there's standing water in the drum, the washer will not spin. 

As to why there's standing water, Mastertech pointed you in the right direction.  If I were on the service call, I'd set the washer to fill and then advance it to spin while holding the discharge hose just out of the drain pipe so I can watch the stream.  If it's anemic or not the same diameter as the drain hose, then I know I have a restriction issue, probably panties in the suction hose of the pump.  Easy fix.