Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Violent Shaking of Kenmore front loader -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Liz J.

Liz J.

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:46 AM

You're my only hope!  Sears totally sucks and is no help to us at all regarding this issue.  We have a brand new custom built home, solid as a rock, and we purchased the HE3 front loading washer from Sears locally.  I realize that the thing spins really fast, however, I can't believe that my whole floor, walls and light fixtures should shake as well, even on lower spin cycles.  The thing is level and plumb, we've tried styrofoam insulation between the machine and the walls, nothing is helping, especially the Sears people who keep trying to tell me I have a bad floor.  Do I need to chuck this thing or is there a "fix" for it?  Thanks in advance!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:35 AM

Look at the last 3 posts on this link  http://applianceguru...forum2/696.html
This previous post may help, also make sure there is not too much tension on the drain or fill hoses to the W/M.  Also, not overloading the machine can reduce the amount of vibration, as it allows the clothes to sit evenly around the drum without bunching.  Hope this helps:)

please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:27 AM

This might help also IF it is found the washer is at fault and not a weak floor..every L.G. washer excessive vibration problem we have seen has been due to a weak wooden floor

Sears introduces its ‘One Source’ phone line

Sears recently introduced a toll-free phone line that consumers

can use to register complaints about purchased products.

(1-800-479-5899). “Press 1 if

you feel a product has failed too soon" “Press 2 for a

service technician – no call/no show; Press 3 for a product

not available for delivery; Press 4 for problems relating to

multiple repairs in-warranty or under a protection agreement;

Press 5 for problems relating to multiple repairs out-ofwarranty

or outside a protection agreement; Press 6 for

products that were non-operable upon delivery; Press 7 for

parts not received in time for repairs.”

Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#4 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:02 PM

:):):):):);):D

#5 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:57 AM

It's likely a combination of floor and machine design. I don't think any installation on a wood floor will ever work  very long without excessive shaking, especially if it's on the optional pedistals. The longer you have the machine, the more it will stress the floor, the more it will shake. You could replace the entire machine a 100 times, and still have the same problem. There isn't anything a tech can do. Do you really think they just don't want to fix it? If they were lazy, they would fix it just to get you out of their hair.

It's the flex in the floor, and the design of the machine that are at fault. If your whole house shakes, then your floor is flexing. Whirlpool knows these things act this way on wood floors and the optional stands, but I don't think they will ever find a solution.

Don't rip the repaiman for a combination of home construction and appliance design, he didn't get a say in either. Do you really think they are just bad people? Maybe there is a secret knob inside that controls shaking, and they won't change the setting from "bad" to "good"

The washer and dryer belong in the basement on a concrete floor.

Nick

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#6 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:08 AM

Well said, my good man!  Concrete is the only thing strong enough to stand up to the vibrating might of :evil: frontloader man. (except titanium, but c'mon people, who's really going to build a floor out of titanium.  Unless of course you own a frontloader testing laboratory tucked away in a dormant volcano on a remote pacific island.......................)

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,709 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 June 2005 - 12:08 PM

Up here in New Hampster, we have scads of  200 year old wooden houses with unique structural changes.  Amazingly, some of the wood floors in these buildings are a problem for washers.  I've dealt with this many times along with the suspicious looks from customers who don't believe me (I only do this for a living, so how much could I possibly know about it?)  For the occasional customer who could grasp the problem, I conquered the problem by adding extra stiffening struts to the floor joists.  Another technique is to placed a piece of 3/4" exterior plywood underneath the washer.  Of the two techniques, the former has been 100% successful while the latter is successful about 70% of the time. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics