No Ice from Subzero/Whirlpool Icemaker
Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:47 AM
Initially, there were two symptoms:
• IM would sporadically stop making ice. "Jiggling" the bar that detected the ice level seemed to force/enable it to continue through the harvest cycle, but not always. There were also periods (days, weeks) during which it worked fine.
• Occasionally, cubes in the bottom inch or so of the ice drawer were frozen together, I think because water was overflowing into the tray because frozen cubes were not being fully ejected.
So, I took it apart (after reading thru your most excellent site), and saw that a little actuator nub had broken off of one of the plastic arms inside the module. I replaced the module and after that, the IM seemed to work fine ..... for about a month.
Now, it's again refusing to cycle. Here's what I've done & observed so far:
• IM hangs just before harvest should begin, but completes a cycle OK when jumpered. It cannot be coaxed into completing several cycles in succession. All I can get is one 'n done.
• Water valve works OK (fills tray just right).
• Thermostat is open at room temp, and closed when allowed to cool down in freezer (observed this by inserting thermostat head in a cup of room temp water then sticking cup in freezer.
• Heater element shows a short between terminals.
• Steady state temp in freezer is about +4 F
I'm at a loss as to what to look at next....maybe freezer is too cold (ice is too hard?)
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....wife is getting on my case pretty good
Thanks in advance......
Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:03 PM
If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com
Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/
Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:41 PM
Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:02 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users