Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher & Paykel DD602 -- upper drawer has no power

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 appliance anjinsan

appliance anjinsan

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:37 PM

A rodent ate through the water supply to my upper DD. While awaiting the replacement hose, I plugged the old hose and unplugged the wires going to the valve that diverts water to the upper DD. 

I finally received the replacement hose and replaced it.  Installation seemed to go fine.  Had to remove the front cover (I did remember to reconnect the ground wire on the cover) to do so.  Reinstalled, plugged the connecter back into the diverter valve.  Reset the circuit breaker.  No workee.  I get no power indication at the display at all.

Lower unit continues to work fine.  When I switch the breaker on, the display turns green, there's an audible beep, etc., on the lower unit.  But nothing on the upper.  Zero.  Zilch.

Is there something obvious I've overlooked?  Do you have any suggestions for troubleshooting to narrow down the location of the problem?

Thanks,

Anjinsan

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,437 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:04 PM

Sounds like one of the wire harness connectors on the control board isn't snapped in all the way.  Disconnect and reconnect 'em all.

Posted Image
Fisher Paykel DD602 dishdrawer with the front panel removed.

Check for 120v supply going into the the main control board.

#3 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:08 PM

Also check the wiring loom to the top drawer from the mains board up, as the mouse may have had a go at this when he did the water hose (:shock:seen it a hundred times...................). 
please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#4 appliance anjinsan

appliance anjinsan

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:28 AM

I have disconnected and reconnected all of the connections.  Also checked the wiring harness to make sure the rodent hadn't chewed threw it.  Still no power to the unit.

You mentioned checking the 120 volt to the main control board.  Are you talking about the board on the bottom of the lower unit, or are you referring to the control board behind the front panel?  In either case, is there an "obvious" spot to check it?

Thanks,

Anjinsan

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,437 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:36 AM

Click the photo in my previous post for the larger view.  You'll see three wire harness connectors along the bottom of the control board.  One of them supplies line voltage.  Gaze lovingly upon the inscriptions just above the wire harness connectors (on your own dishdrawer) and the line voltage location shall be revealed unto thee.  Cro Maat.

#6 GJS

GJS

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:52 PM

I had a similar problem with my lower drawer, completely dead. Found that the solder fuse in the heating element had blown. For some reason this causes the whole unit to power down

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics