Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
rabbirepair

frezzer works, fridge doesnt

4 posts in this topic

my GE TFX27RLL freezer works fridge doesnt

I opened the back panel of freezer and there was some ice but only on the right third of the top coil.

I took out the middle heating element to be tested but covered the end of the connectors to keep the fridge running untill i do that tomorrow.

meantime the fridge is still not getting cold.

The hole on the bottom between the fridge and freezer was also full of ice, cleaned that as well.

Final symptom,  the front of the wall between the fridge and freezer is hot to the touch (only on the outside where the door comes in contact with the wall.

HELP!!!!

thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Did it look sorta like this (allowing for differences in the configuration of your fridge)?

inefficient_fridge_system.jpg?dc=4675413100772550709

If so, then your sealed system has a problem.  It's either the compressor or the refrigerant.

If not, then post a picture of what you're seeing.

the ice was a solid clear block, not frosty like the one you showed in the picture. but the block only extented for one third of the width of the freezer.

also it did not begin at the place where the coil meets the next part in the system instead it began where the coil turns back which is on the side next to the refrigerator wall.

thanks for the response

A picture is worth a couple dozen words.