Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Coyote99

Cold water switch only works later in the cycle

5 posts in this topic

The tub won't fill in the Cold wash cycle, but will rinse.  Warm wash is hot only, Hot wash works fine.

The cold water switch seems to be malfunctioning on the initial fill cycle only.  During the later cycles (depending on the chosen cycle) the cold works fine to rinse, fill, etc.

Hot water works fine in all cycles.

So....I'm guessing the pressure switch for cold is operable since it works sometimes.  Should I replace the Timer?confused.gif

Thanks in advance for your input on this one.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like you need to start by checking the temperature selecter switch, as this tells which side of the water valve, or both sides to open , when.  You could also have a fill valve going bad but would check the temp sw. first.

Samurai's 6th Law of Appliance Repair illumines us, "Begin troubleshooting directly at the problem."  In observance of the 6th Law, I would begin troubleshooting right the valve using my light stick.  If my magical stick tells me I'm getting voltage to the cold water side of the valve but the water is not forthcoming, I have proven that the valve is bad and I'd git me a new one.   No voltage = bad temp selector switch (which would be independently verified by a continuity test.)

Samurai,  truely you are at one with the force.  I have already taken steps to acquire my very own light stick.  Your troubleshooting knowledge is most impressive.  However,  I must point out that the new style GE washers take a WH13X86 fill valve

So noted.  Domo for your gentle correction.  :smokin: