Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore direct drive washer 110.92380200 Leaks

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lunsfodl

lunsfodl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:37 PM

I have made a small easly repaired hose leak into a tub leak. After the hose repair the machine got knocked over on its left side  (don't ask its embarrassing) and now leaks from the center and runs down the centering steel (on top). I have removed the spanner nut and the inner tub. I am trying to get to and possibly replace the tub seal if that is where it is leaking. Do I have to remove the gear box to replace the seal? If you remove the drive block how do you determine where to reposition it going back together?

It does not start leaking untill it is half full.

Don

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:56 PM

If it doesn't start leaking until it's half full, chances are you have a hairline crack in the outer plastic tub.

Take a trouble light and shine the light on the outer tub all the way around and check for a hairline crack.  That is, after you have removed the metal cabinet.

If you need help removing the metal cabinet, I will let the Samauri  explain it to you.

Scott Wolf

#3 Poobah

Poobah

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:34 AM

this ought to help ya

http://fixitnow.com/...-or-kenmore.htm

This is the DAY that the LORD has made, REJOICE and be glad in it.....

#4 lunsfodl

lunsfodl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:40 AM

More information: I had already removed the cabinet and top ring. The only thing left on the shaft is the drive block. I hope you are wrong on the hairline crack if it was there wouldn't the water be running down the side and off of the lip of the outer tub? What holds the outer tub in place? A busted tub or bad gear box not having used replacements would mean Trash pile.

#5 Poobah

Poobah

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:15 AM

Remove the tub nut on top of the drive block and remove the inner tub....then you will be able to check for cracks or a split tub, or a bad tub seal
This is the DAY that the LORD has made, REJOICE and be glad in it.....

#6 lunsfodl

lunsfodl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:38 AM

OK, Here is where we are. I removed the tub after determing the leak probably did not have anything to do with the shaft seals by RTVing them and filling the tub. The leak did respond to higher levels. Cleaned and inspected the tub in the sunlight could not find any cracks. Cleaned and RTVed (Blue Stuff) the tub seal and reinstalled the tub, let it cure over night, filled to the high level setting. No Leaks!! :) Yet. I will let it set for the day. Empty it tonight and hopefully reassembly it Thrusday if there are no more leaks and then :cool:.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics