Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Oven Number Pad Inoperative

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 marka

marka

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:26 PM

I have a GE Profile JTP18 built-in oven and the number pad will not work at all.  The rest of the digital oven controls seem to be okay, it is just the number pad that will not accept any input.  Any help is appreciated. 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,842 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:40 PM

You need a new touch pad.  Slam dunk.

#3 marka

marka

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:12 PM

Thank you.  The "Easy Appliance Parts Lookup" does not seem to have my model number. 

#4 marka

marka

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:14 PM

I clicked "Buy Appliance Parts Here" but, after entering my info, the message indicated nothing for my model (JTP18).  Any help is appreciated.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,842 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:15 PM

That's because you're not plugging in your complete model number.  Model number help in the welcome message (that no one reads):

http://www.appliance...m/forum1/7.html

#6 marka

marka

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:23 PM

AH HA, MASTER.  I did read it, and entered the complete number of JTP18BOA2BB and, yes, I used both an O and 0 (number and letter) but still nothing.  I must admit I used a flashlight (against your advice), but it was high power and I am sure this model is correct.     

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,842 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:28 PM

Well, it's not pulling up in any database, in any variation I can think of.  So the number offered up is simply invalid.  Slam dunk.

Did you use a flashlight in accordance with the 4th Commandment?

#8 Ron

Ron

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:55 PM

Marka,   I think you have 1 extra number,  it's the 0.   For JTP18BA2BB I see a control panel with

the part # of WB36T10197,    check it out,  see if that works...Ron

#9 marka

marka

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:28 PM

I read too quickly and poorly.  Yes, use a flashlight! 

#10 marka

marka

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:30 PM

Yes, you have the part.  Is it a big job replacing the control panel?

#11 jahjahbinks

jahjahbinks

idoit / voyer/ anarcist

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:ABSOLUT & GREEN TEA

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:06 PM

[user=1604]marka[/user] wrote:

Yes, you have the part.  Is it a big job replacing the control panel?

ten screws three on each side , 2 on the top 1 on the bottom remove the end caps lift and fold out  REMEMBER TO SHUT THE POWER OFF FIRST.. then the 4 screws that hold the controlboard (aka the micro computer) disconnect the ribbon cable and reinstall the newone in reverse order

good luck

SHE WHO HAS THE MONEY GETS HIS APPLIANCES REPAIRED

Currently serving EVERYTHING

#12 marka

marka

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 07:14 PM

Thank You !!!

#13 jmccafferty

jmccafferty

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:36 AM

I too am vexed with the keypad issue.  Is this usually accompanied by the oven beeping and flashing and shutting off and generally p**sing me off:yikes:.......  Sorry, just wishing death on GE at this point (deep breaths). 

Basically the oven beeps as it switches back and forth to the timer function and the keypad does not respond.  It was intermittent at first but then it got worse and died.

Long post made short.  Is this the same part gone bad?

#14 marka

marka

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:24 PM

Sorry I can't help you--don't have the expertise.  Everything on mine seems to work (light, oven controls, time controls, etc.) but not the numbers, which causes somewhat of a problem when one can activate the oven but can't put in the temperature :?.  I assume I will have to replace the control panel, but it is around a $125 so I haven't done it yet.  Good luck.  

#15 jmccafferty

jmccafferty

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:38 AM

Have you already replaced the keypad or are they one and the same?

#16 m8cca

m8cca

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:54 AM

[user=1604]marka[/user] wrote:

Sorry I can't help you--don't have the expertise.  Everything on mine seems to work (light, oven controls, time controls, etc.) but not the numbers, which causes somewhat of a problem when one can activate the oven but can't put in the temperature :?.  I assume I will have to replace the control panel, but it is around a $125 so I haven't done it yet.  Good luck.  

Did you end up fixing it and which part did you replaced?  Also where did you buy the part from? 

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics