Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
marka

GE Oven Number Pad Inoperative

16 posts in this topic

I have a GE Profile JTP18 built-in oven and the number pad will not work at all.  The rest of the digital oven controls seem to be okay, it is just the number pad that will not accept any input.  Any help is appreciated. 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You need a new touch pad.  Slam dunk.

Thank you.  The "Easy Appliance Parts Lookup" does not seem to have my model number. 

I clicked "Buy Appliance Parts Here" but, after entering my info, the message indicated nothing for my model (JTP18).  Any help is appreciated.

That's because you're not plugging in your complete model number.  Model number help in the welcome message (that no one reads):

http://www.applianceguru.com/forum1/7.html

AH HA, MASTER.  I did read it, and entered the complete number of JTP18BOA2BB and, yes, I used both an O and 0 (number and letter) but still nothing.  I must admit I used a flashlight (against your advice), but it was high power and I am sure this model is correct.     

Well, it's not pulling up in any database, in any variation I can think of.  So the number offered up is simply invalid.  Slam dunk.

Did you use a flashlight in accordance with the 4th Commandment?

Marka,   I think you have 1 extra number,  it's the 0.   For JTP18BA2BB I see a control panel with

the part # of WB36T10197,    check it out,  see if that works...Ron

I read too quickly and poorly.  Yes, use a flashlight! 

Yes, you have the part.  Is it a big job replacing the control panel?

[user=1604]marka[/user] wrote:

Yes, you have the part.  Is it a big job replacing the control panel?

ten screws three on each side , 2 on the top 1 on the bottom remove the end caps lift and fold out  REMEMBER TO SHUT THE POWER OFF FIRST.. then the 4 screws that hold the controlboard (aka the micro computer) disconnect the ribbon cable and reinstall the newone in reverse order

good luck

I too am vexed with the keypad issue.  Is this usually accompanied by the oven beeping and flashing and shutting off and generally p**sing me off:yikes:.......  Sorry, just wishing death on GE at this point (deep breaths). 

Basically the oven beeps as it switches back and forth to the timer function and the keypad does not respond.  It was intermittent at first but then it got worse and died.

Long post made short.  Is this the same part gone bad?

Sorry I can't help you--don't have the expertise.  Everything on mine seems to work (light, oven controls, time controls, etc.) but not the numbers, which causes somewhat of a problem when one can activate the oven but can't put in the temperature :?.  I assume I will have to replace the control panel, but it is around a $125 so I haven't done it yet.  Good luck.  

Have you already replaced the keypad or are they one and the same?

[user=1604]marka[/user] wrote:

Sorry I can't help you--don't have the expertise.  Everything on mine seems to work (light, oven controls, time controls, etc.) but not the numbers, which causes somewhat of a problem when one can activate the oven but can't put in the temperature :?.  I assume I will have to replace the control panel, but it is around a $125 so I haven't done it yet.  Good luck.  

Did you end up fixing it and which part did you replaced?  Also where did you buy the part from? 

Thanks!