Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

maytag dishwasher door leak

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mtdoc

mtdoc

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:23 PM

Maytag dishwasher model # DWU8250AAX. Door leaks bad around edges and dripping on floor. Also have water leaking out of vent in top center of front door.  I assume door gasket is bad, esp.after I removed it and reinstalled.. But it also appears as though water is getting sprayed up into the hole in the lower center of the inside of door. This seems to be the only way water is getting all the way up the interior of the door and leaking to the outside.Thanks for any help.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,820 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:30 PM

Check the soap door latch gromet

#3 mtdoc

mtdoc

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:49 PM

I taped over the soap door latch. As soon as the spray starts water flows down the side gasket areas and then out the front vent. There is too much leakage to be due to a small leaky soap door gasket.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,820 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:53 PM

Ok, come grok on my enlightening tome on diagnosing dishwasher door leaks:

http://fixitnow.com/...washer-door.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics