Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
cheme101

Voltage Fluctuations to Freezer Fan

8 posts in this topic

I have a Kenmore 25351699100 (or FRS23BH5CB0 equiv.).  Several months ago I began hearing what sounded like a motor revving up and down and sometimes a squeaky sound.  I eventually tracked it to the freezer fan.  I replaced the fan, but it continued after I plugged the unit back in.  I then tested the voltage coming into the fan.  It fluctuates irregularly between 115V and 96V. This is causing the up and down revving and noise. Wall plug voltage is constant.    What now?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Post your wiring diagram so we can look at the circuit.  It reveals all.

This one does come of terminal 9 om the ADC board and my guess this is correct on this one. Some of these newer units have varialbe speed DC motors. Some one else please double check this.

The wiring diagram.  The voltage feeding the fan is AC.

post-1619-129045085493_thumb.gif

The Evap Fan is connected to E9 of the Adaptive Defrost circuit board.

Measure the voltage at E9. If the voltage is constant, then there is a loosed connection between E9 and the Fan terminal.

If not, then the Adaptive Defrost is faulty (most likely there is burnt relay contact or solder point on the board).

check the heater the heater is in series with the fan at the adc , if the heater is going bad and or the defrost tstat is giong bad this will cause problems with the fan(e.g. if the heater is open then the fan won`t run and the same for the defrost tstat )these send power back to the adc to feed the evap fan.

outerspace holds the key to the biggest mystery in the universe . where do women come from ?

We will never tell!!!   ;)