Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
JohnnyDoItHimself

Water Dispenser Keeps Running

4 posts in this topic

INFO: Hotpoint Fridge Model CSX27DLR

PROBLEM: Water dispenser keeps running.

For 14 years this giant Hotpoint side-by-side has run faithfully. Until the other night when I pushed in the water dispenser in the freezer and felt a little pop. The water wouldn't shut off. Had to turn off the supply valve.

I'm thinking there's a spring that returns the supply valve to the closed position and that it broke. But I couldn't find the part and even if I did, I'm not absolutely sure that is the problem.

So, a few questions, learned ones:

1) How do I access the dispenser mechanism? There's a panel on the inside of the door, which covers the mechanism. How do I get it off without cracking it?

2) Once I access the dispenser, what am I looking for? Do I replace just a spring (if that's broken) or is it a complete unit?

3) What's the part number?

4) What's the beer rating on this one?

May a thousand cranes bring blessings on you.

Johnny

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I'm thinking item 72

Perhaps you are right, great teacher. But unless I know how to remove part 27, no way I can figure out if item 72 is what I need.

How is the removal done?

Johnny

Remove item 53 by removing item 54.  This gains substantial access. The rest is visually discernible.