Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Side by side Fridge is warm freezer is cold

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:53 PM

[user=533]Pegi[/user] wrote:

Sorry, was in California

And you never came to see me :X
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 15 August 2005 - 05:34 PM

Yea, the link is not working now for me either, but yes something has to open to let the cold air into the food compartment, sounds like it could be that thermostat mal-functioning.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#23 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 15 August 2005 - 05:37 PM

Awwww, Mad Mac, do not be mad......I flew to San Jose Friday, Daughters wedding Saturday, flew  back out to try to get back to Texas Sunday.....sooo sorry could not meet up with you....see my post about the 3 hour plane flight in Hell that took 12 hours.....:?
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#24 jerrymor

jerrymor

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:37 AM

Is the thermostat part of the timer/circuit board? I cannot find one in the parts lookup form.

#25 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:01 AM

You have two, they're behind the knobs for refrigerator/freezer settings. However....

Posted Image

This is the air diffuser, Whirlpool part number 2209751. These are notorious for the slider breaking and failing closed, resulting in no air getting from the freezer to the Newcastle section. This view is upside down as viewed from the freezer side. The louvres should slide back and forth (motor operated). I'd look at this first in your circumstances.

Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#26 jerrymor

jerrymor

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 04:11 PM

The air diffuser might be the problem. I actually put something through the vent and the louvers were almost closed. Then is wedged the doors open and left the knife in the vent so it can't close. The Bass Ale now stays cold. Sometimes the knife has frost on it and sometimes it doesn't. Can you tell me how to remove the vent to see if it is broken?

Thanks.

#27 Mike

Mike

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 07:06 PM

I have a similar problem with a White Westinghouse frost free side-by-side. I don't know if it's ok to post to this topic when I have a similar problem or not. If not, I appoligize. The cool side isn't cold enough even when the control is at coldest. There is a fan up in the corner of the cool side, by the control that never runs. Does that circulate air from the cold side to the cool side? Could that be why the cool side never gets cold enough? If so, what can cause that and how can I issolate the cause?

Thanks,
Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics