Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Atlantis Model MAV6200AWQ

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 oilguy

oilguy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:06 AM

My Maytag Atlantis model#MAV6200AWQ, Ser#20125928ZK, is SO loud!  It is loud as soon as it starts spinning and continues until the cycle stops.  Loud is easily 90+ decibels.  It also does leak a little water if the shut-off is left on when the washer is not running, I can hear it dripping inside.  I am not sure if it is a screaming bearing or the motor/transmission.  I am leaning towards bearing because the motor and transmission are still functioning fine, but, what do I know I am an oil technician.  Please help us.

Dave

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:55 AM

Pumps can also be a cause for loud noises on this unit.  You can take the belt off and run it.  If the noise is still there, the only thing that is moving is your motor.  Bad motor.  You can also raise the top up (top not the lid) and start the unit in spin while you are holding the tub from turning.  This does not take a lot of pressure and can literally be done with one finger.  Doing this stops your tub from moving and takes the bearings out of play since the only thing that is moving is the input shaft.  The water leaking into the machine when not in use is going to be a valve not seating all the way.  Let us know what you find, I'm off to finish the lawn with my newly refreshed Gin & Tonic with a fresh wedge of lime to make it healthy. :dude:   
If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 oilguy

oilguy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 06:10 AM

Wow!  That simple, u guys are awesome. I will give your suggestions a try.  Can the pump really make it SO loud?

#4 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:33 AM

:crybaby:  I'm sorry, my pump was making so much damn noise I couldn't here you.  Did you say something?  You always want to check everything.  I never tell a consumer I THINK this is bad.  Pop that top and front panel and start checking my Latrobe green bottle drinking friend. 

If you need the pump

http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1159259

If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#5 oilguy

oilguy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:36 AM

ARE U KIDDING ME?

IT WORKED!!!

New pump and belt, it is quieter than my new dishwasher!!!  It has been soo noisy for soo long I forgot how quiet it should be!  The old pump was noisy just in my hand, so I went a couple of towns over and bought a new one, I am a licensed heating/HVAC so I got a discount and flew home and put it in.  I just finished, sweating my ass off.  You see I have to take the dryer out to take the washer out, they are both in the downstairs bathroom.  If anyone ever has any heating questions, I am here.  I will be contributing to the sudds fund!

Dave

#6 Keinokuorma

Keinokuorma

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:21 AM

[user=24051]oilguy[/user] wrote: 

I am a licensed heating/HVAC so I got a discount and flew home and put it in... ...If anyone ever has any heating questions, I am here.

Maybe you should negotiate with the Samurai about getting promoted to a master? Then you will have even more credibility when you answer people's questions in the HVAC forum.

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
- Ken Olson, Digital Equipment Corporation (1977)

#7 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:32 AM

It worked?? :sorcerer:  Wow, sure got lucky on that guess!! :huh:  Saved yourself some coin my  Brotha!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics