Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire ice maker

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 madmark69

madmark69

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:59 PM

:?frigidaire model FRS23R4AW8

SERIAL LA23708366

ICE CONVEYOR SEEMS TO BE RUNNING IN REVERSE. ICE MOVES TO THE BACK OF THE BIN INSTEAD OF OUT THE CHUTE. I TOOK THE UNIT APART TO UNFREEZE IT AND NOW IT WON'T FEED ICE!!!?!:yikes:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,054 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:57 PM

Take off the caps lock.

Is the chute blocked?

#3 madmark69

madmark69

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:58 AM

No, the chute opens, but the conveyor pushes the ice toward the back of the bin . Shouldn't it feed the ice to the front, and out of the chute?

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:10 PM

Sounds like your auger motor is running in reverse...
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 madmark69

madmark69

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:00 PM

Which leads need to be swapped to fix this?

#6 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:18 PM

Did it run in reverse before you took it apart?   If that motor is running backwards it is bad.

#7 madmark69

madmark69

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:15 PM

I had the fridge in storage for a few months, then after I got it up and running the auger motor froze. I took everything apart to free it and now it works backwards.

#8 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:32 PM

It is possible if you took apart the auger motor you could have reversed the rotation.  This can be un-done.

#9 madmark69

madmark69

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:57 PM

How could this be accomplished?

#10 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 01:52 AM

Did you disassemble the auger motor? Yes or no.

#11 madmark69

madmark69

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:36 PM

Affirmative.

#12 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:16 PM

You'll have to it all back apart again.  When you get it broken down to just the motor take out the 2 long screws on either side of the motor shaft.  Pull the shaft and everything that comes with it off one side of the motor and put it back in the other side of the motor.  Piece of cake from there.

#13 madmark69

madmark69

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:43 PM

Many thanks Master Jedi. May The Force Be With You.

#14 madmark69

madmark69

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:46 AM

The auger motor problem is fixed, but now I have a new problem---the icemaker only dispenses crushed ice. Doesn't matter if the cube or crushed button is lit.

#15 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:54 AM

Make sure the long metal rod on the side of the ice bin is in the proper postion at the rear stirrup/coil assy.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#16 BOWYER2002

BOWYER2002

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 08:27 AM

i have the same problem, i only get crushed ice!
model # FRS23R4AW8

i removed the ice bin & auger assembly to see if any parts moved wether i selected ice cubes or crushed ice - there was not any difference (viewed with the door open and the "door shut" switch depressed, the auger turner rotated but the plastic selector that accuates the metal rod remained in the same location regardless of crushed or cubed ice selected.

i checked the "metal rod" under the ice bin and it functions (moves) freely. however the "selector" that is supposed to push down on the rod doesn't appear to move up & down like it should. is this a part i can replace (located in the rear of the freezer)or a switch problem in the door?

please help me i would be a HERO if i can fix this!

thanks a lot!
;)

#17 AccApp

AccApp

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:25 PM

The solenoid that deselects the crushed ice mechanism is frozen.Get your finger in the white stirrup and try to push it up. If it doesn't move, take out the ice bin and remove the auger/bin support assembly by taking out the two screws wich attach it to the shelf brackets and lifting up at the front.

The tricky part is disconnecting the harness plug which can't be seen. Then allow the whole assembly to defrost and dry the solenoid and drive motor with a hair dryer. Reassemble without the bin, hold the door open and the door switch closed and try to get some cubes. The solenoid should pick up the stirrup and the drive motor will spin. If not, what is so wrong with crushed ice, anyway?

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics