Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

pzjgr

Whirlpool Defrost System Problem

4 posts in this topic

OK Sensei Samurai...heres the problem.

I have a Whirlpool Model ET8FTKXKQ 18 cu ft refirgerator, purchased new in 2002. I've never had a problem with it...until now.

I noticed that water started collecting on shelves. At first I thought it was a leaking water bottle. I cleaned it up, and continued on....then I noticed it was doing it again...so I started to investigate further. It seems that water is dripping from holes in the diffuser and cover (I am getting the part names from a parts diagram, so they should be accurate).

I am assuming it is a clogged line or something in the system, where the water is backing up, and not flowing to the drip pan.

Question is where do I start my quest for a fix...what needs to be done?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

That model number is not coming up, please recheck it.  If this is an 18 cubic foot top freezer there is a service pointer about this that addresses a moisture problem. 

Did not come up in the Sears data base even adding the 1 in front of the 8 since this an 18 cubic foot unit so would have to be 18 after the first 2-3 letters.