Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
alphaMIKE429

Fire shooting out of GE gas dryer

2 posts in this topic

ok..

Symptoms:

- Attempted to start dryer

- Heard poof or popping sound and breaker tripped

- Reset breaker and tried again

- This time flames shot out of top and bottom of dryer

At this point I backed off...shut off the gas to the dryer and will be cleaning out lint. I also tried the dryer on 'puff' cycle i believe [no gas] and the motor worked fine.

From my 0 knowledge of these things ether the ignitor is bad ? Lint catching on fire ? gas leak ?

Any ideas or help. I am going to try again without the vent attached and give it a good vaccum.

Should I not bother ?

thanks!!

Mike:yikes::yikes:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You can try disassembling your dryer and thoroughly vacuuming it out.  If that doesn't fix it, then you have a weird electrical problem and you need a seasoned professional to come to your home.