Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

mikeydawg

GE Oven wont light

2 posts in this topic

My Ge gas oven will not light. The broiler ignitor glows and after a few seconds the gas lights up. But the oven ignitor wont glow and of course wont ignite the gas. I changed the oven igniter.....(what a pain in the ***). And it still no workie. I tested for voltage at the control pannel and had 110v going to the broiler ignitor when I turned the knob to broil. I also had 110v going to the oven ignitor when the control was set to bake. I verified the voltages at the contorl valve. I checked the resistance of the glow ignitor for the oven and I didnt get any reading at all..(open circuit?). I also checked the ignitor that I removed and it also had no reading. Am I on the right track that I have another bad ignitor? Help Me Please!

Model #EGR3000ED1BB

Thanks,

Mike Woityra

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If I were in the service call, I'd measure the voltage at the ignitor wiring harness, looking for 120v.  Not go, I'd measure the continuity of the bi-metal in the gas valve.  This page explains more:

http://fixitnow.com/2004/09/appliance-repair-revelation.htm