Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Oven wont light

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mikeydawg

mikeydawg

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:17 PM

My Ge gas oven will not light. The broiler ignitor glows and after a few seconds the gas lights up. But the oven ignitor wont glow and of course wont ignite the gas. I changed the oven igniter.....(what a pain in the ***). And it still no workie. I tested for voltage at the control pannel and had 110v going to the broiler ignitor when I turned the knob to broil. I also had 110v going to the oven ignitor when the control was set to bake. I verified the voltages at the contorl valve. I checked the resistance of the glow ignitor for the oven and I didnt get any reading at all..(open circuit?). I also checked the ignitor that I removed and it also had no reading. Am I on the right track that I have another bad ignitor? Help Me Please!
Model #EGR3000ED1BB
Thanks,
Mike Woityra

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:47 PM

If I were in the service call, I'd measure the voltage at the ignitor wiring harness, looking for 120v.  Not go, I'd measure the continuity of the bi-metal in the gas valve.  This page explains more:

http://fixitnow.com/...-revelation.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics