Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

maytage washer not spinning

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 tenohio

tenohio

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:00 PM

When running this maytag top load no spin after rinse.  move timer to other cycles and pumpout and spin works fine.

I did check the lid switch and it works are described.  How does one find a procedure for replacing the timer.  I have the OEM time in hand.

TENOHIO

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 FatMan

FatMan

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:07 AM

How old is this unit and what might the MODEL# be:D:huh::rocketman:

#3 tenohio

tenohio

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:19 AM

LAT9806AAM....

Its around 6-7 years old....its been a great washer and this is its 1st problem.:D

#4 FatMan

FatMan

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:26 AM

[user=1685]tenohio[/user] wrote:

LAT9806AAM....

Its around 6-7 years old....its been a great washer and this is its 1st problem.:D

Push in timer knob and unscrew turning counter-clockwise, remove 1/4 inch scerws that mount the timer unplug harness and re-install, Oh I forgot tomention to remove the 1/4 inch srcews on top of the consol to gain access to controls

#5 tenohio

tenohio

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:01 AM

great thanks....:D

I will give you a status update tomorrow...:headbang: Hopefully this is not how I feel tonight doing this...

#6 tenohio

tenohio

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:58 PM

ok I have it apart but the timer will not turn counter clock wise....any suggestions

I even to the whole top out to see if there was a screw somewhere and there is not...:rocketman:Ok you forgot......

How to tell me the nob comes off with a screw driver, remove the clip the entire nob can now be removed and bingo 2 screws holding the time on....

no need to turn something count clockwise....:rocketman:

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,632 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 28 June 2005 - 01:18 PM

This illustrates what MasterFat was explaining.

#8 tenohio

tenohio

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 01:46 PM

ahh oh great one...

This was exactly what I was looking for before I got started...:party:

#9 tenohio

tenohio

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:15 AM

Got another question....

On this timer I notice my old one had the timer motor terminals in slots 4 and 8 on the black harness side and the part I orders have them in 1 and 4.

I found that the new ones motor did not work, are these terminal positions moveable or did the local maytag shop order the wrong motor.

Washer Model: LAT9806AAM Maytag Factory part timer: 22001695

Number on the sticker on the motor old: 2096720 new: 2093400

Any ideas?  I am now a timer replacement expert!!  Got the old one back in and running in about 5 min.....:rocker:

#10 FatMan

FatMan

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:48 AM

O.K. I will try to make amends. On the model number plate it says series #, is it a 10 or 15? The part # for the series 15 is 22002190. You should have bought the part here, this is the only parts company that will exchange electrical parts, hopefully the co. you bought this from will exchange the timer for you, which they should since they might have sold you the wrong part. :cool:

#11 tenohio

tenohio

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:56 AM

Well lets say when one makes a mistake (and I asked the series question of the local company) they should make amends.  If they don't I have the right part in my cart on Repair.com

Oh, the reason I didn't order the part from you is that you $15.00 higher than it was locally and that is with the shipping.  That is = to a case of Coors Light and a pizza.....

Otherwise, it has to be a series 10 since the 15 (which I have) didn't work.

No problem on the instructions... I work on programming these dang computers and they are worse than appliances.  Once I started looking I found the slot on the timer knob cover and that lead me down to the 2 screws.....Just another learning experience!!

#12 FatMan

FatMan

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:31 AM

The part might have been higher but you would have recieved the right part the first time. Coors? Is that really a beer?:gulp::gimmebeer: 

So many knobs, such little time

Remember purchasing parts through the Samurai's webite helps him to bear the pain of answering all these questions:grr:

#13 tenohio

tenohio

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:51 AM

Oops guy just realized that there are 2 timers and is getting the new timer for my by Friday....:yikes:Thanks for the help...

Yes Coors is a beer, not my idea of a good one (Killians is more like it) but its cold, and is great with pizza:pint:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics