Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

repair Kenmore 106.68902891 refrigerator drip

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rmcclain

rmcclain

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:01 PM

I bought my Kenmore 106.68902891 refrigerator in 99, and a couple of years ago, the drain (I think) from the freezer started leaking in the middle, rear of the fridge below the freezer. I thought I fixed it last week, but is really dripping now. I removed the bottom shelf and panel below it and got the ice out that I could remove. I didn't know how to remove the icemaker, which needs to come out to remove the back panel. I think that's where the drain hole is. I would like to save the $100 repair and fix it myself. I remember the repairman pouring hot water thru it.........is there a better way to fix this so that this will not happen?

Thank you!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:07 AM

Tell us the cubic footage of this ref. please, there is a service bulletin out on some of the Whirlpool boxes with this problem and this unit is made by Whirlpool, Sears makes nothing, it is made for them.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 rmcclain

rmcclain

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:28 PM

I am a professional musician, female, but am not afraid to try and fix myself. I have the manual right here,and the parts list, and nowhere do I see the cubic footage of freezer or ref.

Measuring inside the freezer door seal, it is 19 " deep (front to back), 23 1/2 wide, and 17 1/4 height, if this helps.

Ruth

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:32 PM

Is there a tag on the edge of the food compartment door that gives you what cubic foot it might be.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 rmcclain

rmcclain

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:55 PM

Not that I can find. The door handles are on the right; opening the bottom, inside on the left side and above the 1st shelf, a few inces back, is the following info on a square plate:

Mod 78902891
EH4524252
11/98

Next Column:
60 HZ/Phase 116v
Full load Amp 6.5
Ounces R 134a 4.000
Type C19TFA95

A little other stuff too, but in French, some of it, and no other numbers, or something that looks like cubic foot measurement.

#6 bwilcox

bwilcox

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:56 AM

:)

Hi,

I have the same fridge and the same problem.  Did you find a solution to the mysterious dripping inside the box?  Especially the water collection on the upper trays?

Many thanks,

Brent

----
Brent Wilcox
Spokane, WA

#7 rmcclain

rmcclain

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:53 PM

Actually, recently it has gotten better.  I was at my "other" residence, and a friend/repair man was there to do something else, and I was telling him about it.  Meanwhile, I decided I would just "catch" the drips, and keep emptying; I was not paying for another service call.

He told me to turn up the termperature in both the freezer and the bottom; that it was probably too cold, so I turned both to the first notch past the middle (I am not there right now).  I would say the drips are maybe 1/4 or what they were.  I never got any good advice on anything else to do, but Fred's worked somewhat.

If you know how to take the bottom out of your freezer, you can do so, pour pretty warm water down to thaw the drain, and leave your temp up a notch or two.  My icemaker works fine...................
Good luck; very annoying to pay money for something that has a quirk like that.  Fred also said to stick to Whirlpool, that they are the easiest to fix.  I'm sure you know many Kenmore things are made by Whirlpool.  I guess this is just one thing they screwed up.:X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics