Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
richum

Hotpoint washer woes - Aggrevating but not spinning

5 posts in this topic

A friend contacted me concerned that her washing machine was working properly.

It no longer spins . . . but it still agitates (while door switch is engaged, nothing otherwise), fills with water, pumps out water. The motor does absolutely nothing when it should be spinning. No groans, grunts, or even clicks.

The belt looks great and I can turn the agitator by pulling on it. Also upon looking at the switches, wires and connections there are no obvious burnt, chaffed or broken wires.

If you are unable to devine the problem from the above information my next move is to take a volt/ohm meter to it and look for the not-so-obvious problems. Any guidance in this department would be appreciated.

I have read through the posts and was unable to find my exact set of problems.

Your sage advice is most graciously appreciated,

Richum

Model VVXR1040T4WB: Serial LR115209H

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Check the continuity of the lid switch. 

Sounds like you hasve lost power to the motor somewhere, recheck the lid switch and all wires to see if any are broken and make sure they are plugged onto the motor tight.  If all of this checks good, you could have a bad timer or speed selecter switch if this washer has one.

Thank you!

Before I went any further I removed and reseated the wires on the motor and it started working once we plugged it back into the wall. Much too easy. . .:)

You are welcome.....;)