Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Parts for Fisher & Paykel

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sossy

sossy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 04:17 AM

I am from Australia and I'm looking to have a bash at fixing my Fisher & Paykel DD603, but I'm having trouble finding out how to get the parts. I know the part number of what I want (the control board) but unless you're a dealer it seems to be hard to be able to get hold of parts (the US sites don't cover F&P that I can see)
Can anyone help?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:17 AM

call the 1-800 # for f&p directly,from what i understood when i met one of the rep's, they will ship parts directly to you. look at the literature you received with the unit,the number for your area should be there. so are the parts,you wouldn't want to ship them there from the u.s. when they come from there to begin with...
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:29 AM

There will be a spare parts agents for fisher and paykel in every main centre in Oz.  And they should sell you spares over the counter, no problem at all.  Just look up the yellow pages under home appliance retail/servicing,  even if you have to go out of state, and get it couriered to the door( saves going outside ) someone will sell you the part.  Out of curiosity, what is wrong with your DD?
please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#4 sossy

sossy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 04:27 PM

Thanks for the replies. The top DD is totally dead, no sign of power at all. The bottom one works fine so I know its not in the main board?. I opened up the front panel of the top drawer and inspected the control board, there was a big black round thing on it that had split open and ants had gotten into it, I am therefore assuming it needs a new control board. I had a technician in to look at it some time ago, and he recommended replacing both boards (top and bottom). With the cost of travelling (I live halfway between Toowoomba and Warwick) plus he couldn't guarantee that this would fix the cause of the problem, he suggested it wasn't cost efficent to repair.

After successfully fixing a flooding switch problem (thanks to the great advice on this forum) on the bottom drawer today, I am feeling pretty confident that I'd like to have a go at fixing the top one. What have I got to lose, it's stuffed already!! Also, there are two part no.s for the control panel - 526842NAP and 526842HNAP, I'm assuming the HNAP is for DD's with the water softener? is this correct?

#5 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:01 PM

NAP is for a version 3 DD, HNAP is for a version 3.5 DD.  On the original board you will see the version on the sticker.  There is no major difference between the 2, apart from the programming, but you do need to fit the correct board as it relates also to the display board:cool:.
please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#6 belga97

belga97

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 12:41 AM

Hi There,

Did you end up finding the parts you were after?? We have exactly the same problem.  Did you end up getting the parts and did it fix the problem?

Thanks in Advance

#7 sossy

sossy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:53 PM

Hi,

I didn't end up buying the part as it was $192, but below is the response I got from F&P, which might help if you are looking to have a go yourself.. (good luck and let us know how you go)

Dear Glen,

Thank you for contacting the Customer Care Centre concerning spare parts for
our products.

There are two options available when purchasing spare parts;

1Through the Spare Parts Team at Fisher & Paykel directly on 1300 650
590. We can ship the part at the RRP of the part plus $15 handling.
2Through a stockist as listed below;

David McKay - Southport - 07 5532 6999
Kerrs Electrical - Caloundra - 07 5491 2188
Queensland Appliance Spares - Mansfield - 07 3349 4399

Kennedys Electrical - Cairns - 07 4051 2612
L & J Archer - Townsville - 07 4725 4599
Leenders Electrical - Rockhampton - 07 4927 2922

We can also provide a technician to fit any parts should you require.
Within the metropolitan areas, we have our own franchisee technicians who
service our products. We would suggest you call the Customer Care Centre to
arrange for service should you want assistance.

The part number of the controller is 528080NAP and the price is $192.50.
This price applies only for purchasing directly from Fisher and Paykel, the
different stockists prices may vary.

If we can be of further assistance, or you wish to purchase the spare parts,
please contact the Customer Care Centre on our toll free telephone number
1300 650 590 - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Regards
Marika A
Customer Care Centre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics