Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

who says no summer jobs for kids?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 panochapower

panochapower

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:23 AM

called whirlpool helpline to find out if i could put liquid bluing in the fabric softener dispenser (1/4 tsp max in with the downey)

she didnt know what i was talking about !

i explained, then you could almost hear her autopilot kick on after which she said in a trance-like monotone "we only recommend adding fabric softer to that dispenser"

my question remains: could i add liquid bluing to wash load via fabric softener dispenser?

http://www.mrsstewart.com
(so i dont hafta hear how old im getting from any of the rest of you)

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:41 AM

it depends when you want the "blueing agent" dispensed into the clothes- took a quick look at the link you sent,still not sure exactly what this product is supposed to do,but it appears to be similar to bleaching,which gets dispensed early in the cycle to ensure proper rinsing thereafter. bear in mind that anything placed into fabric softener disp. gets added in final rinse,and is not rinsed out,thereby leaving residue-how will this product feel against your skin,especially when sweating etc.??             i still say the answer to your problems is to condition the water. (softener)
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 panochapower

panochapower

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:13 AM

ONLY thing it has in common with bleach is that its for your whites load.

bluing adds the faintest tint to whites giving them a visually whiter appearance

you can add it to the wash OR the final rinse but it should be diluted 1st & since the machine does that to fabric softener as its dispensed i wondered if i couldnt save myself the trouble of "manually" diluting & waiting for the machine to hit a certain point in the cycle...

i just wanted to check in with it - see if anyone does it that way, make sure im not innocently hurting my machine somehow...

re: softening systems
you dint see my kowtow response?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics