Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

new build problem with cd-rom

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 beagle

beagle

IkkĊ-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 04:57 AM

We're building another computer(we've done this before).  Started WindowsME from A drive boot up.  Then installed from Update disk in CD-ROM(D drive).  Runs okay at this point.  Got a new sound card to install, placed disk into CD-ROM and discovered the system will no longer recoginize the D drive.  We have three CD-ROM and DVD-ROMs(all manufactured after 2000) and have tried several configurations.  The BIOS lists a Primary IDE master and slave CD/DVD ROM devices and the S-ATA hard drive(new purchase).  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 mike35z

mike35z

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:15 AM

If you are booting off of the serial ata drive...make sure it has the jumper setting on the drive...in the master location.  The other drives can be configured with the jumper settings in the cable select mode.  The serial ata might be causing a confliction if your using windows ME.  Make sure you have downloaded all the updates from microsoft..and see if that will solve the problem.  Also make sure you loaded all the drivers for your motherboard that came with it.  They are usually on a cd rom disk.  Check your system bios to make sure it is set up for "Boot from ATA serial drive", if this is an option in the bios setup.

Hope this helps

Mike M

A+ certified tech

#3 rvmessina

rvmessina

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:21 PM

Please do yourself a favor, at least upgrade to W2K if you can find a CD for it.  WinME is one of the worst products designed by MicroSoft.  At least you will have plug and play with W2K..

If you do not want to do that, make sure your I/O jumpers are such that you do not use an address that is in use already.  That will cause the device not to be reconized.

Good Luck..

Save the environment, plant a Tree!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics