Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

sandyb

Kenmore washer won't agitate or spin

10 posts in this topic

:yikes:HELP!  My Kenmore 80 series washer, model 110.27812690 will not agitate or spin!  The motor keeps humming along but no action!  Is it toast? 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Nope, just broke the coupler between the motor and transmission, overloaded her did we????   Easy repair and cheap too.....

Stupid stupid me!:yikes:  I was doing great until I got to the ....remove the two wires from the capacitor if present!!!!!!:shock:   What the heck and where is this thing?   Now I am agitated and my head is spinning instead of the stupid washer!  HELP ME PLEASE!!!!:(

the capacitor is a black round cylinder attached to the side of the motor.  If it is not there it is in the console area so you would not worry about it if it is not on the motor.

I found it!  I can't believe it!  I got the motor off and the coupler is VERY WORN OUT!  Just like you said.  I am going to get the part and I should be agitating and spinning in no time!  You are FANTASTIC!!!!!!    I'll let you know when I get it all back together!  And they say women can't fix things!  HUH!:D  Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

You are very welcome, welcome, welcome!!   :P

Will this work on kenmore 70 series model 11020712990?

Thanks

You betcha!